Thread: Justin Morneau gets denied as the AL Player of the Week

AA ERA

Justin Morneau gets denied as the AL Player of the Week

With due respect to Alfonso Soriano who won the AL Player of the Week, how in the world did Justin did not get it. HOW? Did MLB saw the same thing I saw? This can't be right. I am outraged. This just shows the lack of respect Minnesota and small-market teams get. Justin has been raking the ball since coming from an concussion. You would think that would count something. This guy has been homering every game it seems. Hitting home runs is not a very easy to do yet he makes it look easy. How does that not get AL Player of the Week? I am really outraged about this. This is a disgrace. You know if Justin was playing for New York, Boston, or LA, he would be the player of the week because ESPN and the national media would pimp this guy up.

This just goes to show you why I hate ESPN. ESPN never ever talks about the Twins ever and they make it a point to skip them a lot hence why I don't watch SportsCenter or Baseball Tonight. Had ESPN been showing his highlights, MLB would have taken note of that and he would be the player of the week.

This is really sad.

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I agree Steak. I have Morneau on my fantasy team and he's been unbelieveable. Hopefully, he'll get the recognition due to him in time.

MLB ERA
    It is hard to argue with what Soriano did though, 5 home runs and 13 RBI's over the past 6 games?

AA ERA
    Soirano- 11/24, 9 R, 5 HR, 13 RBI
    Morneau- 9/20, 5 R, 4 HR, 10 RBI

Can't say Sori didn't deserve it. Close enough I wouldn't have a problem with either one.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

MLB ERA
    I thought I read that Morneau had 6 HRs in during the week. Was I wrong? Those numbers look more like just he numbers from the series with the Devil Rays.

*shrug*

AA ERA
    Could be. I might have the wrong dates on the week.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

AA ERA
    Had ESPN been talking about Justin, MLB would have taken notice of it. Had Justin played for NY or any of the big cities with the media coverage, he would get it. That's why I am very angry. It's not the fact that I am mad at Soriano. I am just mad at the lack of respect the Twins always get over the years.

I have been praising Justin all week. This guy has been sick hitting the ball since coming from an concussion. You would think he would get some notice. That what bothers me the most. The fact ESPN never talks about him or any of the Twins. It took me emailing Karl Ravech last year to talk about Johan because ESPN was never showing his winning streak. Johan never ever got a mention till I took care of it.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I think it could have went either way on the player of the week cause Soriano also was killing the ball last week. Justin is going to be a star in this league and he will get his awards in time.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Twins never get the respect they deserve. When the playoffs get close they start to talk about us. Morneau has played outstanding ball. Glad he has picked up the slack for guys who have done nothing all year.

Example Torii Hunter. Where has he been?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    mntwinsfan: Twins also gotta win in the playoffs. When the Twins beat the Yankees in Game 1 of the ALDS for the last two years, it was not about the Twins. It was more about what the Yankees did wrong. Unless they beat them or Boston, the Twins will never get respect.