Thread: 5/10/05: Twins/Orioles

AA ERA

5/10/05: Twins/Orioles

The Twins continue their three-game series tonight against the Baltimore Orioles. Twins hitters can't do any worse than they did last night. Daniel Cabera was just overpowering. I can't say enough about him. I was just thinking about him yesterday. He was that good.

Brad Radke will be on the hill tonight. He is coming off a very fantastic start where he shut down the Indians pretty good in a must-win game last week. He was huge. Twins need a another performance like that tonight from him.

He will go up against Erik Bedard. This kid, Bedard, has been very good this season. He can throw strikes too.

This is a game the Twins need with Johan on the hill tommorow afternoon. With Johan pitching, Twins got a very good odds of winning the series so they need him on the hill tommorow.

Bedard vs. Radke

MLB ERA
    Well, it's good to see that old Radke is the same old doofus out of the gate as he's been for the past 5+ years. Another 2 run second inning for ol' Brad. When the hell is someone going to listen to me and learn you can't put this guy in the game before the 3rd inning?!?! His first and second innings are as consistantly bad as anyone's in the league.

Twins pull off the 10th inning win at Camden Yards 6-4. After that great weekend by the M's, Joe and Justin went 1-9 today with 2 SOs. Fortunately they both got an RBI, which in all reality, was the difference in the game.

AA ERA
    What a game and what a finish. I am glad the Twins pulled this one out. This is a game the Twins needed with Johan on the mound this afternoon as they got a shot to take the series. I really loved their resillency throughout the game and it was nice to see them tie it in the eighth and then they got the lead with couple of back-to-back HRs. The pen was fantastic.

Dick and Bert made a great point in the telecast tonight about how the Orioles win with the long ball as Roberts, Lopez, Palmerio homered to give the O's the lead while the Twins win with sac fly as Michael Cuddyer, Joe Mauer, and Lew hit the sac fly for the runners to score. Both have proven to be successful for the respective teams. The Twins show they can hit the long ball too as Jacques and Shannon hit back-to-back HRs off Steve Kline. Boy was that huge. Anytime you can score first in the 10th against a great offensive team in the Orioles, that's huge. I had a good feeling that the Twins could score off Steve Kline since he is hot or cold.

How about Nick Punto? He is a player. I loved his heads-up steal to second and his heads-up run to third on a wild pitch. Punto then score to tie the game. That play was the turning point of the game. Nick has showed why he is the starter over Luis Rivas. Nick had to do that for him to score against a underrated closer in B.J. Ryan.

It was really good to see the Twins grind it out and find a way to get on base against Bedard who pitched well, but then he just looked tired in the seventh and Twins took advantage of it.

How about the bullpen? J.C. was so huge out there. Jesse was awesome and I loved how he got out of a jam in the eighth. The Nathanator exterminated the Orioles to close it out.

As for Brad, I should have known that he would have had a rough time against the Orioles hitters. Orioles hitters can kill any pitcher out there.

I just had to say Camden Yards is one the most beautiful ballparks from watching it on TV. I gotta go there one time and it was great to see lot of Twins fans in attendance tonight.

Great win. Not only was it a great win, but the Sux lost as the Twins are three games out. Let's see if Johan can give the Twins the series.