Thread: Twins vs Royals (9/25 - 9/28)

MLB ERA

Twins Twins vs Royals (9/25 - 9/28)

The Twins end the hear (hopefully) on a good note with the last 7 games coming at home and all against divisional rivals. 4 games vs the Royals and then end the season with 3 at home vs the White Sox.

Going into tonight's game, the Twins are 2 games away from clinching the Wild Card spot in the AL with Detroit still within grasp of the divisional title, being 1.5 games ahead of the Twins.

Tonight on the mound is Boof Bonser vs Jorge De Le Rosa. The Twins have won the last 4 times Boof has been on the mound with Boof picking up 3 of those W's. He's pitched pretty well lately. Hopefully it can continue tonight.

MLB ERA
    Bottom of the sixth and the Twins are up 2-1. Bonser gave up a solo shot to Berroa (the guy can't hardly even bat his own weight). Anyway, still looking ok. KC pulled De Le Rosa in the 5th. Boof has 4 K's so far.

MLB ERA
    Twins kicked it up at the end of the game, scoring 2 in the 7th and 3 more in the 8th innings to beat the Royals 8-1

Congrats to Hunter who hit his 30th HR of the season (beating his previous best of 29 (2002)) and becoming only the 2nd Twin to hit 30 HRs in a season. The first was Justin Morneau who did it earlier this season. Speaking of which, Morneau hit #34 tonight as well.

Good job Twins. 1 down, 6 more Wins to go.

MLB ERA
    I'd like to see Torii drive in 5 more runs, making 3 guys with 100+ RBI for the team this season.
    I missed the game, having to work tonight, but I would suppose Torii's homer was to right-center and Morneau's was to left.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    I watched Tuesday's game (most of it anyway) and thouroughly enjoyed it. Santana wasn't as sharp as I'd hope he will be in the playoffs, but he was good enough to win.
    Tonight's game was, according to the report I read (I was at work), somewhat disappointing for Carlos Silva. It did feature Michael Cuddyer scoring his 100th run of the season and congratulations are in order for that.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    Twins won tonight behind 5 innings from Brad Radke, 2 from Pat Neshek, a shared inning from Crain and Reyes, one from Rincon, and one from Joe Nathan, who got the win to bring his record to 7-0 for the season.
    Mauer hit a tying homer in the 9th and Bartlett hit what would have been a ground-rule double in the bottom of the 10th inning with the bases loaded to win the game.
    Congratulations to the team on fighting all the way back to the top of the standings. Now, they need to sweep the Sox and hope the Royals can take one from the Tigers to win the Central.