Thread: Hunter wins POTW honors

MLB ERA

Twins Hunter wins POTW honors

NEW YORK (Ticker) - Minnesota Twins outfielder Torii Hunter and Seattle Mariners outfielder Raul Ibanez were rewarded for terrorizing American-League pitchers last week.

Hunter and Ibanez on Monday were named co-winners of the AL Player of the Week award.

Hunter batted .423 (11-for-26) with three home runs, nine RBI and an .808 slugging percentage. It was the second career weekly award for Hunter, who joined Joe Mauer as the only Twins to earn the honor. Ibanez batted .424 (14-for-33) with three homers and seven RBI. He became the second Mariner to capture the weekly honor, joining outfielder Ichiro Suzuki. Other candidates considered were Cleveland's Victor Martinez, Chicago's Jim Thome, Detroit's Magglio Ordonez and Baltimore's Miguel Tejada.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Nice to see this happen! Also They POLAD the cheap SOB better give Hunter the 12 million he deserves and resign him! Look at the numbers he has posted since returning from the injury. Hunter did alot for the teams improvement.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    The first couple months of the year, I think most of us knew or at least figured that Hunter would be gone this season. IN fact, if it wasn't for his injury, he very easily might have been gone before the trade deadline. Thankfully since he's returned from the injury, he's been worth the money he's being paid. The second half of the season has been pretty damn good.

MLB ERA
    Torii Hunter is the heart of the Twins right now. He seems to have told the rest of the team to jump on his back for the stretch run. Bert asked him about his ankle and foot and he said they still hurt, but the team needs him to play as hard as he can, as long as he can.
    Congratulations to Torii on a great week and I hope to see it continue for the next 4 or 5.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon