Thread: Twins/Indians 05-05-05

Rookie ERA

Twins Twins/Indians 05-05-05

WHEW!@!!!! No broom required. How about the Twins bats today - 13 hits!!! I think Terry Tiffee is going to make a huge impact on the team and it showed today.

Great job by Brad Radke - what a game he threw. I couldn't be happier for him because he certainly deserves it. All those great games he threw and no support from the offense.

My hubby was SOOOOO hoping for a sweep so I text messaged him "no broom required".

I'll be in St Pete at the Trop all weekend!!!!

Let's go Twins!!
    :fingerscr

AA ERA
    I will watch the game in its entirety later tonight when I come back from the ferry. I will give you my full take on the game then.

I will say this though. It was so nice to see the Twins beat the gangsta, C.C. Sabathia. It was so freaking sweet to see Krispy Kreme Boy go down. It was great to see the offense come through here and it couldn't happen to a loser like Sabathia. For all the talk about how he owns the Twins, the Twins have hit him pretty good in recent years.

As for Brad, he has really pitched well after a rough start. This was a very good performance by him today. He was huge.

Enjoy the day today, DG. You deserve it.

Great win. A win we needed IMO.

AA ERA
    I am so glad the Twins found a way to win this game today. They needed this badly. This was a big win for sure. You don't want to see the wheels fall off here so I am glad the Twins pull this one out.

The offense struggled to start the game with RISP, but then something clicked in the fifth innings thanks to the gangsta (Sabathia) imploding. The gangsta did an imitiation of Kyle Lohse as he melted down badly in the fifth inning. After that HR by Jason Bartlett, the gangsta went downhill. He started to throw balls and he started to get hit like a christmas tree. God it was so nice. I don't care for that piece of shit so it's all good that he got his. It couldn't happen to a loser like him. It was also good to hit that punk Jason Davis in the seventh as he had a meltdown of his own. Twins just took advantage which was good to see after a lousy offensive series.

I had no idea why the ump was thinking giving a warning to both managers. It's been clear that both the Twins and Indians hate each other and that there has been lot of plunking with those two teams since 2001, but with that said, there was no need to warn anyone. Davis's pitch to Shannon was not even intentional so I have no idea why the ump was thinking telling Wedge and Gardy about warnings. Gardy had every right to get mad and he got tossed as he cursed the ump. Gardy did an imitiation of Lou Piniella as he kicked his cap around the field. He was really mad and I don't blame him.

Then when Shannon scored, Jason Davis started up trouble by spewing something at Shannon and Shannon reacted. What was Jason Davis's problem? Why in the world did he cursed at Shannon? Very stupid of him. Davis had no business going after Shannon. Just because Jason Davis stinks, it does not give him the right to yell at a player. Shannon is minding his own business and this idiot, Davis goes out of his way to curse at him. Who the hell is he? Torii wanted to kill Jason Davis. Fortunately, Twins 1B coach Jerry White restrained him from going after Jason or else Torii would be suspended for lot of games. As you know, Jason Davis hit Torii in the head couple of years ago. There is lot of history with Davis and the Twins.

Brad was fantastic. This was a very good performance from him. Probably the best performance of this season so far. He was on cruise control for most of the game. He was so good that in the third inning, he only needed 10 pitches to get out of the inning. He deserved that complete game today and I am glad he got to pitch in one.

Jason Bartlett has gotta have the lead for the AL Rookie of the Year. He has been one rookie that has really stood out along with this pitcher from the Blue Jays, Gustavo Chavin. Jason had another good day at the plate.

How about that catch by Coco Crisp? He has made some good plays in this series. He made a leaping catch out there to rob Cuddyer of an extra-base hit as he ended the threat there.

It was dissapointing to lose the series and it was dissapointing to not score in RISP. With that said, it was great that the Twins avoided the sweep. Hopefully, the Twins will respond against them when they go to the Jake later this month.