Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tommy John surgery for Liriano?

MLB ERA
    I'm nto sure he's worth that much. I think catman was more or less showing that we could spend 7M/year on the guy and would probably be able to get him. Gotta remember, the Twins, at the VERY most, only pick up one decent FA in the offseason every year because apparently our owner, the richest owner in all of MLB, can't afford more than that. So, with Radke's 12M going out the door, we could easily afford a guy for just over half of that.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Ah... Thanks for the information... Isnt there another starter out there that would give the Twins more bang for the buck? Lilly seems like he is too inconsistent.. Twins seem to get stock their starters at least from their minor leagues...

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    There should be several starters out there in the offseason. Polad I think will spend more money in the offseason I do believe it will depend on what we do in the playoffs.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

cool.......thanks

Next year's starting rotation will be good, but you have to hope that Garza does not regress like Baker and that Liriano will be healthy. I hope Boof continues to develop into a productive starter.

Slowely is not pitching till 2008 at best.

MLB ERA
    Those were just figures to be thrown out. He makes $4M this year. Maybe 4 years, $22M? If all the money were guaranteed, I would think he'd be willing to come into camp. I doubt if many other teams would be willing to match that sort of offer.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    Francisco Liriano's problems stemmed from never having pitched this much in a single season, IMO. His arm just wore out.
    He needs to build up his endurance by building muscle strength in his shoulders, back and legs.
    Pitching a baseball overhand is one of the most unnatural motions ever. The body just was not designed to do that. People that can pitch for 20+ years are all amazing (Roger Clemens?).
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12