Thread: Twins vs Royals (8/29-8/31)

MLB ERA

Twins Twins vs Royals (8/29-8/31)

Twins have three games at home vs the KC Royals starting tonight (in just a few minutes actually).

Game 1: Garza vs Redmond
    Game 2: Bonser vs Hudson
    Game 3: Santana vs De Le Rosa

Garza has calmed down from his first couple of starts and is looking like he could be ready for the role he was thrust into when Liriano went down. The key to this series in my opinion is that the Twins not only have to take the series, but they could REALLY use a sweep, solidifying their AL-wildcard slot lead.

KC is no pushover like they were earlier in the season. They've been playing decent and have played well against playoff contenders for the past month now. If Garza can throw tonight like he did last week, we should be able to come out on top tonight. Bonser scares me. Santana is back on track with another Cy-Young run again this year.

Speaking of which, I'll be at the game on Thursday to watch Santana. Got myself some great seats, right behind home plate, looking right down the 3rd base line. Santana is pretty much lights-out at home, so I hope me and my boy will be seeing some classic home-field Santana on Thursday.

pitiful, just plain pitiful. what a pathetic effort except for cuddy. boof was okay, but once again gardy couldn't figure it out until the lead was lost. boof is good for 5 innings ronny, only 5.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    yeah it happens. Only thing I was worried about was a let down. I do see Santana getting us back on the winning track! Time to get back on a winning streak.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Hold on there! gardy just said the club is "playing their tails off"! right now I like my chances to hurl a shutout against these small neons

MLB ERA
    Nevin got traded to the Twins?

MLB ERA
    This series pretty much stunk in that there's no reason we should have lost 2 of 3 to the damn Royals!

Garza pitched a good game on Tuesday night, but got shit for run support. He gave up only 5 hits and struck out 7 in nearly 8 innings of work. No complaints about Garza's work here. He was the victim of zero offense. Twins lost 0-2

Bonser, who I'm not a big fan of actually had a decent game on Wednesday as well, striking out 8 and giving up 3 runs in 5 innings of work. The 3 runs isn't anything great, but 8 SO's in that short time for him is absolutely incredible. The Twins got the early lead but ended up playing catchup ball at the end and even though Cuddy gave us a nice HR in the bottom of the 9th, it was too little too late. Twins lost 3-4

Thursday's game was a MUST-WIN, which with Santana on the mound at the dome, you can almost assuradly pencil that one in. Redmond had a great game going 3-4 at the plate. The rest of the team was pretty weak at the plate, outside of Rondell White's solo shot in the 2nd inning. It was kind of funny cuz when he came up to bat, I leaned over to my son who was cheering for him and I said, "dont waste your breath, this stiff can't even bat his weight". Next pitch... gone over the left field fence. Amidst the cheers in at the dome, I could feel him glaring me down from the left and some little comment about "you were saying" Little smartass.

Santana pitched a pretty damn good game although at times, it didn't feel like it as he gave up a pair of doubles, a triple and a solo HR (German). So, when they got hits, they were good hits, but Santana was still knocking them back, faning 11 batters in all, including the second or third SO was his 200th of the season. Props to Santana for again being "the man", and adding to his major league leading SO total now at 207 as well as lowering his AL leading ERA of 2.95

Neshek came in with a 1-2-3 eighth inning and Nathan did the same in the 9th.

All in all, it was a fun game to be at. With the crap I had going on all week with the wife's health problems, it was nice to get to a game, great seats and watch the best pitcher in baseball do what he does best, kick ass on the mound.