Thread: 5/3/05: Indians/Twins

AA ERA

5/3/05: Indians/Twins

The Indians come to town for a three-game series tonight at the Dome. This is a big series for the Twins. I would love to see the Cartoons be in a huge deficit. I fear them more than the Whiney Sux. Indians are off to a rough start, but I still think they will be a factor this year. Their hitting has been struggling suprisingly and their relief pitching has been spotty at best. This is a good time to put the Indians on a hole.

Joe Mays will be on the bump tonight. He has pitched well so far and he shut down the Indians when he last face them. Let's hope he can keep it up.

Westbrook vs. Mays

AA ERA
    Not a good night for the Twins as they lost 4-2 to the Toons. There was nothing positive on this evening. The pitching stunk, the hitting stunk, the defense stunk, and the baserunning stunk. I turned the MLB.TV of this game off in the fifth inning. I seen enough. This team looked skittish tonight for whatever reason. This game was over in the second inning as the Indians scored 2 runs in the first and 2 runs in the second.

Joe just did not have it out there in the mound tonight. He was getting hit pretty hard early and then he got killed by the long-ball by Hafner, Crisp, and ex-Twin Casey Blake. Joe was lucky that the score was not even worse. This could have been 10-2 blowout. He got out of a jam in the second and he got out of a bases loaded jam in the fifth. It wasn't something to be proud off for sure.

I thought the pen at least looked good. TM, Matt Guerrier, J.C., and Jesse kept it at bay. I am glad Jesse is getting lot of work and he is doing good.

The hitters did absoultely nothing against Westbrook and the maligned Indians bullpen.

I was okay with Torii stealing even though he was caught. He is a good base stealer so I trust his judgement. I did wonder why Jacques went to second when it was just a single.

Michael Cuddyer had a rough night defensively.

The highlight of the night was Justin hitting another HR. This kid never cease to amaze me.

There is nothing much to say than forget this game and get ready for tommorow.

Rookie ERA
    I can't tell you how difficult it is for me when the Twins lose to the Indians. My husband is an Indians fan and he is relentless! We NEED to win the next two just to shut him up.

I kept leaving the room because I didn't want to see any more baserunners left on without coming home! This is getting ridiculous. We need Tiffee on the bench to help in those situations and to give Cuddyer a break at third.

Let's go Twins. PLEASE beat the Indians!!

AA ERA
    I don't care for the Indians so I want those wins. I don't know who I hate more. The Whiney Sux or the Indians. I probably hate the Sux more, but I don't care much for the Indians which goes back to 2001. I think it's interesting how the Toons and the Sux respect for each other. They never say bad things about each other, but they do share a common ground in hating the Twins. Those two teams love to trash-talk about us. It would be nice to shut both teams up.

Why is Lecrap on the team? Why? This guy sucks at the plate. What value does he have? He got to pinch-hit in the ninth with the bases loaded. What did Lecrap do? HE STRUCK OUT. I am so tired of this. I am tired of him King or grounding into a DP. Enough is enough. Our bench is so bad that he is our best pinch-hitter. This is getting ridiculous and tiring. I wish he would be released, but he is still there. What does the team see in this clown? I know he has a great clubhouse personality like TM, but at least, TM can pitch and be productive while Matthey is just not.