Thread: Rincon suspended 10 days

Rookie ERA

Twins Rincon suspended 10 days

What's up with Rincon? He's suspended 10 days starting today for violation of the drug prevention and treatment program.

I hope he just took some wrong over-the-counter stuff or some normal asprin interfered...anything but steroids. I can see the suspicion, but this is (by far) the best player that violated this yet in my book.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Damn it wtf is he thinking? All the crap in the paper and he is dumb enough to get caught! If the bull pen blows games because of his stupidity I will really be angry. What could he possibly be thinking? Any thoughts here?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    When I turned to ESPNews as I got up from bed and found out that Juan was suspended for 10 days, I just knew he was suspended for steroids. I was very disgusted when I heard the news. I am dissapointed that Juan would resort to taking steroids. I really am and I am very disgusted. I have no clue what he was thinking. He embrassed himself, the organization, and his fellow relievers for taking steroids. Now everyone is going to look at relievers and be cynical. This is just dumb and stupid.

I am very ashamed at his act and embrassed about this. Juan is lucky that he got a generous 10-day suspension. If Selig and I had our way, he would be banned after first try.

MLB and fans wanted a big name player to get a caught and now they got what they were looking for. It's a damn shame that Juan was the big name. He has embrassed himself and the organization. This is something he and the Twins will have to live with for a very long time.

Juan has put the Twins in a huge bind. Now who is the setup guy? I sure as hell don't want to see J.C. in a setup role let alone being on the team. Now Jesse Crain will have to take the role as a setup guy not J.C. 10 days may be nothing for Juan, but it's going to hurt the team here. Gardenhire is going to have ad-lib more than ever with this stunning news.

I never in my wildest dreams would think Juan of all people would use steroids. You just hope he doesn't do it again. Tim Kurkijan raised an interesting point on ESPNews about how Juan has been getting hit a lot this year with the steroid policy in place. There is nothing to be concerned, but it was still interesting.

I doubt the Twins will dump him after this news, but if they want to dump him, it's okay with me. I don't want any steroid users on my team. I don't give a damn if they won games. If there are two things that I will not stand for with players is being wife-beaters and steroid users.

I am very dissapointed in Juan.

Rookie ERA
    From what I heard on ESPN, it was something he took during winter ball and it was still in his system when he was tested during Spring Training. Steroids and such are so easily available in South American where he was playing winter ball but that is no excuse. He SHOULD know better - that is not Twins Baseball!!! I'm really ashamed and very disappointed.

Let's hope we can pull out from under this dark cloud.

MLB ERA
    Great, he's on my fantasy team. I was setting my lineup today and it said NA next to his name. I was like WTF? I clicked on his name for the scoop and was shocked; he had quite a few holds for me this year but he's not what he was last year IMO. I guess we now know why.

AA ERA
    It was clear that he was tested in ST and that the results came after that. There is a reason why he has been getting hit a lot this year. I noticed how sad he looked Sunday after the game. He was all alone. He acted like someone died. Now we really know what happened. He knew about this on Friday.

I read Bob Sansevere's column today in the St. Paul Pioneer Press. It's rare that he and I agree on anything, but we do agree about how there should be one strike penalty and they are out.