Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twins host the Rangers (7/31 - 8/2)

MLB ERA

Twins Twins host the Rangers (7/31 - 8/2)

Tonight on the mound: John Rheinecker vs Carlos Silva in a duel of "joe average" pitchers.

First inning, Twins knocked the hell out of Rheinecker. Punto, Mauer, Cuddy, Morneau and Rabbe all get hits inlcuding a double by Cuddy and a HR by Rabbe.

End of 1: Twins 5, Rangers 0

MLB ERA
    At the end of 2, the Twins even further ahread as Bartlett, Punto, Cuddy, Morneau and Hunter all got hits in the 2nd furthering their lead. Rheinecker got yanked before the inning even came to a close

Twins lead after two innings: 8-0

MLB ERA
    Twins had a quiet 3rd inning but got the bats swinging again in the fourth.

Morneau and Punto both scored on Hunter's home run in the bottom of the 4th

Punto is 2-2 with a walk and 3 runs scored
    Morneau is 3-3 with 2 RBIs
    Hunter is 2-3 with a HR and 4 RBI's.

Outstanding... the Twins lead 11-0 after 4

MLB ERA
    Unbelievable offense tonight. THis is the kind of game I would DIE to see.

Twins picked up 3 more runs in teh bottom of the 5th and another in the 6th. Texas FINALLY got ahold of the ball as Silva gave up a solo shot to Texarkana (or however the hell you spell his name) in the top of the 7th.

Score: Twins 15, Rangers 1

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    yeah even Silva is pitching well.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Maybe he was inspired by ANOTHER teammate going to where he came from.

MLB ERA

Twins

Twins destroyed the Texas Rangers tonight 15-2. Silva had one of his best outtings of the year pitching 7 strong innings and giving up only 5 hits and one run. Eyre was pretty good in relief as well, only giving up the longball to Cruz in the top of the 9th.

Twins offense? Egads man, best it's been in ages and it's been pretty good of late (on the whole).

Hot batters:

Punto: 4-4 at the plate (including a triple) scoring 4 runs and knocking in 3 RBIs (also was walked once).
    Morneau: 3-4 at the plate, knocking in 2 RBI's and picking up 2 runs himself
    Hunter: welcome back Hunter! 3-5 at the plate including a HR picking up 4 RBIs and 3 runs himself.

Rest of the team.. Mauer, Cuddy, Rabe and Bartlett all picked up 2 hits a piece including Rabe who hit his 2nd HR of the year. Only Castillo and Tyner (starters) didn't do squat at the plate going 0-8 between the two of them, but Castillo did get on base on a walk and made it home thanks to the rest of the team's bats.

Good job Twins!!!!

MLB ERA
    I hope the Twins didn't use up all of their offense in game one of this series. Silva had an very good game on the mound and took a game that I thought (before hand) would have been much closer. We're over the hump in a manner of speaking now, with Liriano on the mound on Wednesday (nothing is guaranteed, but he -is- one of the best out there right now, so confidence -has- to be up for that game).

Tonight, we've got Scott Baker on the mound facing off with Adam Eaton. Eaton got shelled last week in his first start of the season coming off hand surgury. Hopefully the Twins bats are awake again tonight. I think we'll need it with Baker on the mound. Baker can look very good at times and really crappy at other times.

Here's to hopin'. Go Twins!

MLB ERA
    I'm not even going to go into this game. I only have this to say (as I've said it before)... Scott Baker sucks

Minnesota's Scott Baker (3-7) allowed a career-high seven earned runs in 3-1/3 innings and was demoted to Triple-A Rochester after the game.
    Thankfully he's gone, for a while. THe kid had promise, but we just don't seem to be able to ever see it.

Neshek had a good game, throwing for 2+ innings and picking up 4K's giving up zero hits. As I said in the previous post, I hope the Twins didn't use up all of their offense, but apparently they did. 5 hits for the team in a shutout and some revenge by the Rangers....

Twins lost 0-9

Rubber match tomorrow at noon. Liriano has been scratched from the start thanks to a sore arm/shoulder.

AAA ERA
    Probably be 9-0 for the twins tommorow.

15-2 win last game vs the royals
    15-2 loss 1st game vs the twins
    9-0 win 2nd game vs the twins
    9-0 loss tommorow?
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

MLB ERA
    Yeah, I dunno. Rangers pitching staff did a hell of a job on the Twins on Tuesday. If you guys are facing Boof Bonehead, you may as well count the series win. (heard he got called up yesterday).

MLB ERA
    Yeah, I heard Bonser would be starting tonight.
    Last night is a little bit of what I would call sweet revenge. Although it doesn't quite make up for a 15-2. A win tonight will make up for that though.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

AAA ERA
    BOOF, well he didnt get any help from his defense.
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

MLB ERA
    Yeah, the Twins defense sure didn't help his cause, but so far I am like Boof.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    Another schlacking by the Rangers today in Boof Bonehead's first mound appearance in a while. Twins lose 10-2. Tex homered twice, Boof gave up 7 runs (only 4 earned thanks to 3 fielding errors by the Twinks).

What an ugly game.

Bartlett goes 3-4 at the plate and Punto goes 2-4. The twins got hits, but couldn't get anyone home. Twins hit the road tomorrow against KC and then to Detroit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast