Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pohlad cash strapped

Rookie ERA

Pohlad cash strapped

Sources close to the Pohlad family report Carl is down to his last 2 billion, and will be flat broke by the year 4089. "We simply can't continue to operate w/o keeping bums like matthew lecroy" stated twins executive jerry bell.

With a roster that reads like a local saloon's softball squad, there's absolutely no shame when it comes to fielding a team under the reign of Pohlad. A man who's so generous he nearly gave the club to the state only to be caught trying to swindle them out of 130 million by disguising the gift as a loan.

Carl was very vocal when asked about the lack of any real talent on the ballclub "Winning is second to sustaining a fortune I can't possibly spend." Boy, and to think Carl almost threw his hat into the ring when potential suitors were being courted to purchase the vikings. Man wouldn't it be great to see a vikings roster under Carl. A team filled with arena football castoffs coached by Gary Coleman who does resemble Dennis Green from the side, front, rear & back.
    Nobody wins in a dairy challenge

AA ERA
    Speaking of Vikings purchase, I am convinced that Reggie Fowler will never be the owner of the Vikings. What is taking this sale go long? This transaction should have been finished by now.

BTW if Carl is this cheap, how is it that he has the money to resign Johan Santana. How is it he has the money to keep Brad, Juan Rincon, and one of the best closers in baseball in Joe Nathan. Carl could have let them leave the club. I give Carl credit for sacrificing his wealth and his fortune to field a good product. It has to be tough for him considering he is not making any revenue out of the Metrodome not to mention his team broke even last year.

MLB ERA
    Steak, don't feel sorry for Pohlad. The douchebag is worth about 2 billion dollars. He can whine all he wants about revenue, but if he put players on the field, he'd be putting butts in the stands and even MORE money in his pocket. How can this spinster not see this?

Can you imagine if we got just a big name DH to crack out about 45 a year? How many butts would -that- alone put in the stands. The metrodome has NOTHING to do with the Twins not making as much money as possible (other than a shitty location in downtown Mpls).

AA ERA
    I gotta give props to Carl for sacrificing his personal wealth to build a new stadium for the Twins. I hear he is going to build that stadium on HIS OWN MONEY. That's a big statement he is sending to the people of Minnesota.

MLB ERA
    LIke I said in another thread... I'll believe this ONLY when I see it. Until then, it's nothing more than some journalists speculation if ya ask me. Pohlad is so tight, if ya jammed a lump of coal up his butt, in a week, you'd have a diamond.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    Speaking of Vikings purchase, I am convinced that Reggie Fowler will never be the owner of the Vikings. What is taking this sale go long? This transaction should have been finished by now.
    From what I was just reading is that the problem may be that some people think there will be a problem with the NFL approving Fowler to be Vikings owner. I know that there was some controversy with Fowler lieing about some things. Which may or may not caused a problem. I would keep an eye on it though, and you may just see McCombs stay on as owner for a lil bit longer until he sells the team again or he may just keep it. Who knows.

MLB ERA
    I'd rather keep McCombs than bring in Fowler (omg, did I just say that!@?) I don't trust Fowler at all. And I dont trust his finances. I also don't think I trust that group of guys that are hiding in the shadows as his other financeers.

I'd really really love it (as I've said many many times) if Glen Taylor would raise his hand like the polite boy in class saying "uh, Mr. McCombs... I'm still here. And yes.. I have the answer".

McCombs definitely spent some money some money this offseason. I think Vikins have improved their team by tons. It's impressive, and I expect to see them go to the playoffs. They have a decent team.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GoYankees
    McCombs definitely spent some money some money this offseason. I think Vikins have improved their team by tons. It's impressive, and I expect to see them go to the playoffs. They have a decent team.
    The only reason Red is spending money is because he is expecting Fowler to foot the bill when he sells the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    The only reason Red is spending money is because he is expecting Fowler to foot the bill when he sells the team.
    That may be so, but it's just nice to see him spending money nonetheless. I remember in 99? 98? when Vikings were one game away from going to the SB. I was cheering for them all the way. That was the year Cunningham was playing for them at QB, #7 if I'm not mistaken. Great year. Ever since then, I wish to see them get that far.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Twins announce new ballpark plan

http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/NASA...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

MINNEAPOLIS -- With clanging bells at the Metrodome light rail station as a backdrop, the Minnesota Twins and Hennepin County announced Monday that they have agreed on a proposal to fund and construct a new ballpark in downtown Minneapolis.

"I can just visualize it out there now," said Twins owner Carl Pohlad of the proposed 42,000-seat stadium that would open in 2009 in the city's historic Warehouse District. "It's something we've dreamed about, all of us."
    Its seems like its actually going to go thru. The Twins will fork up 40 Million up front and a total 125 million dollars. The sales tax will go up .15 percent or 3 cents per purchase of 20 dollars. Its good to see that they are actually going to build a stadium, an outdoor stadium at that.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    The 1999 Vikings team was probably one of the best football teams I ever watched. They had the entire package. That was some team. The Niners in the 80s, Niners in 1995, the Cowboys during the Jimmy Johnson years, Broncos in 99, and the Vikings from 99 are the best football teams I ever watched as a football fan.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Niners in 1994 was a better team to watch than the 95 team. The 99 year in general was a great season to watch football IMO.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    I think that 99 Vikings team will hold a special feeling in the Vikings fans heart. That was some team that year as I said.

For sure. Just way the season ended on Falcons beat ya by a FG, that must've hurt. I always felt that Vikings would've put up a better game against Broncos. If I'm not mistaken, Vikings had Cunningham and Jeff George at QB, and Robert Smith still at HB. Great year for the Vikings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast