Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Random Ramblings Thread

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    Steak is a bandwagon Dodger fan?
    Yeah, haven't you heard?
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

AA ERA
    realmofo: rdr was being funny. He knows that I dislike the Dodgers so he is having fun with me about how the Twins are playing against the Dodgers.

BTW. I will do a game thread on the game this weekend so if you want to stop by at the Twins board, please do.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Did I mention I love to watch the Twins play ball?
    Glad you enjoy the way the Twins played. Twins play the game the right way. Twins would make Larry Brown smile.

I am so glad to be a fan of the Twins. I will take being a fan of a team that wins with small budget with homegrown players anyday over a team that buys players. Following the NHL's New Jersey Devils and the Minnesota Wild, I could relate the Twins to those two teams.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    I don't think I've ever had Carlos Silva on any of my fantasy teams until I saw he only had 3 walks!
    Carlos is having an All-Star year. Francona better find a way to put him in there IMO. If Carlos is not there, he will be screwed because of the stupid representation rule in which every team has to be represented. You are going to tell me that Zach Grienke and Barry Zito is an All-Star because he has to represent his team over Carlos Silva? That's so stupid.

MLB ERA

Twins

Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    realmofo: rdr was being funny. He knows that I dislike the Dodgers so he is having fun with me about how the Twins are playing against the Dodgers.
    Not only that Steak but just like with the Snakes, if the Dogs lose, the Pads stay on top (if they would just win some games now ).
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

AA ERA
    rdr: I am still wondering why do you hate the D-Backs so much besides the fact you live in Phx as a Padres fan. I have legit reasons to hate NY sports teams here, but what's yours.

MLB ERA

Twins

Steak, I don't live in Phx. I live half way between Phoenix and San Diego. Each are 165 miles away. I did live in Phx during the time of the conception of the AZ baseball team. We talked about this before over on the addictsports board but you probably don't remember. It was horrible. The Media, Coleangelo, the organization, the fans, the whole city was sickening the way they all acted during this time. Not only that, the Suns.......need I say more? All the hype around the Suns was horrible too. And, this was during the time when all the Charles Barkley stuff was going on. Then there is the Cardinals and all the hype around the Bill Bidwill. There was all the arena stuff with the Coyotes. It was just ugly. Besides all that, the City sux. It really does. It is nothing but an LA wanna be. It's dirty and over populated and overused. You'd think they would learn from LA's mistakes. But NO, they made all they same mistakes as LA and even worse, as they didn't know what the hell they were doing.

There are a few good things about the area. All the ST facilities located there are cool. Phx has lots of public parks. I mean lots. I could take my dog to a different park for a month and still not go to the same one twice. Another way cool thing about Phx is the monsoons. During July, August and September they get mad monsoon storms. I loved those things. They could be dangerous but I loved them. Over here where I am the monsoons are all around us but rarely hit here. I guess it's because of the river but it bums me out. We get the dust and the wind but rarely any water to go with it. OK, do you get it now and stop trying to change my mind. :p

Why do you hate the Dodgers and Yankees (yankees doesn't really need a response as I understand)?

AA ERA
    I hate all NY sports teams, rdr. I can't stand the Giants, Jets, Knicks, Nets, Rangers, Islanders, Mets, Yankees, and Dragons. My favorite local team here is the Devils since they win with a small budget and the fact that they remind me a lot like the Twins. My hatred towards them is similiar to what you are citing to why you hate AZ teams. I always thought Arizona sports fans are laidback and nice. Keep in mind though Arizona is full of transplants.

Good to see that you know the Suns now.

I guess you won't be going to Glendale Arena anytime soon, eh.

Arizona fans rock except for NY fans that live in Arizona.

I hate the Dodgers mainly because they ran Lasorda and Piazza out of town. Plus Dodgers buy players and that franchise is pretty arrogant for my taste.

AA ERA
    I heard Dodgers fans was booing the crap out of Mullholland last night. TM pitched for LA several years ago and they hated him. TM stunk for them. Thank God that he has not stunk for us.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I hate the Dodgers mainly because they ran Lasorda and Piazza out of town. Plus Dodgers buy players and that franchise is pretty arrogant for my taste.
    The Dodgers have traditionally been a team of homegrown talent. You can only blame the News Corp ownership running Piazza out of town and the worst GM in team history, Kevin Malone, for overpaying players. Actually, fans are still pissed that the current owner blocked the Vlad signing. The team draws 3+ million in attendance each year and LA is the #2 market in the nation. Fans expect ownership to keep their end of the deal by acquiring the players that the team needs. Other than Gagne and LoDuca, the team hasn't had anyone from its system that has been a major contributor. Beltre had one MVP-like year, and HE LEFT US for more money in Seattle.
    I heard Dodgers fans was booing the crap out of Mullholland last night. TM pitched for LA several years ago and they hated him. TM stunk for them. Thank God that he has not stunk for us.
    Those fans should get over TM already. Evans traded the popular Mike Fetters for TM in 2002, and TM pitched awfully. If anybody, the fans should be running Dreifort out of town. I hate Carlos Perez and Dreifort a hundred times more.

AA ERA
    Mike Fetters was done IMO. He stunk with the Twins couple of years ago. He lasted one month with us and that was it. Darren Dreifort stole money from the Dodgers. Talk about being a burgular. As for Carlos Perez, this guy was talented with the Expos, but he never became the same when he came to LA. I will remember him for temper tantrums with the bat. God Perez was the poster child of the team underacheiving. It's funny how the Expos develop good players, but when they leave, they stink. Guys like Mel Rojas, Carlos Perez, Mike Lansing, Ugueth Urbina, Ken Hill, and others to name a few.

Terry Ryan got TM from Seattle for only 1 buck, realmofo. Talk about robbing Peter to pay Paul.

I used to love the Dodgers when Tommy managed that team and yes they did develop players. Ever since Fox brought that team, I just lost interest in them. That was it for me. I am not crazy about the McCourts either. I miss the O'Malley family.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Don't forget the hall-of-fame bound 2b Delino DeShields. Ugh, if only we could forget about him.

AA ERA
    Lynch: What do you think of Mike Tyson losing to another boxer? Man that's sad. When I was a kid growing up, Tyson was the biggest mofo around. Now it's just sad story. I hope Tyson gets his life in order.

AA ERA
    Chad Hartman said that Timberwolves will likely hire Supersonics associate coach Dwayne Casey to be the new head coach. I love the sound of it. I hear lot of good things about Casey and I am glad the Timberwolves are giving him an opportunity as a head coach. I hear he is well-prepared and organized. I am all for this hire even though my first choice was Silas. Let's hope everything works out and we can have a PC on Casey in a few days.

I am so thankful that P.J. ain't coaching.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Casey is a great candidate for the T-Wolves job. He deserves a shot to be a head coach. Hes very damn organized and prepared. He always is working with McMillan when it comes to timeouts and stuff. Casey would have been my 2nd choice if i knew he was available.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast