Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Random Ramblings Thread

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Right Now, its Manu Ginobli, hes trying to be Vlade Divac in the acting department and he got away with some f'd up calls tonite (I offically saw the 1st full game of the playoffs tonite.) Kevin Calabro does a great job of being neutral when he covers Sonics games.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    Well I am going to bed, Porter. It's going to be 6:00 a.m. here in NJ. Have a good night. Talk to ya later.

Manu and the Spurs love to cheat hence why I hate them.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Gets some sleep then. I will have a nice morining hopefully my bro wont be on the come when im off of work at 7 PM today. By the way, vote on day one of the weakest link (poll above the game thread.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    Lynch: You have any thoughts on the NBA Playoffs? I have yet to watch a full game. I think I will get into it now with three series even at 2. I just hope Phx, Det, Seattle, and Miami advance.

MLB ERA
    I'll be honest. I haven't see 2 minutes of NBA Playoffs basketball this year. I've been busy as hell for the past month (as you may have noticed from quite a bit of my absence around here). Add to that, the fact that the Wolves sucked this year and didn't make the playoffs. Add to that, the Indy/Detroit brawl earlier in the year. I really got turned off to NBA basketball. Damn shame, cuz I really really love basketball.

AA ERA
    I just hope the third round and the NBA Finals turns out to be a very good one. It hasn't been very good overall though. The Star-Ledger, the paper I read here in NJ, hasn't covered much of the playoffs since the Nets got swept as they mention the playoffs in the sports shorts section. There hasn't been much NBA talk on sports radio either especially here in NY where there hasn't been much NBA talk all season with the Knicks stinking it up.

This whole NBA season has stunk in general this season with the breakup of the Lakers, Kobe's stupidity, the brawl as you mentioned, the Timberwolves, and etc. It could get really bad if there is a lockout. NBA's CBA expires in July 1st. We may not have basketball next year.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I doubt Stern lets this go to a lockout after seeing the NHL and MLB bumble so many times.

AA ERA
    Porter: I will not be a happy camper if the NBA is locked out. I could live with hockey shutting down since I hate the sport now, but this would be painful. I am a huge basketball nut. I love the game. It would kill me to see it go. I know the Timberwolves will stink next year, but I rather see them lose than not play.

Forget the fans. There would be more layoffs if the NBA goes on lockout. Heck the Wild fired lot of people thanks to the lockout. The average Joe is not going to put up with this shit that much longer.

Sports is killing the golden goose with lockouts and strikes. Fans are not going to be forgiving with the players and the leagues. NHL has unenviable task of getting the fans back. I wish the NHL luck and I know lot of Canadians that are not going to watch the NHL with the lockout.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Steak: I would be the most teed off NBA Fan on these boards if theres a lockout. End of Story. I was brought up on the sport of basketball, playing since I was like 3. To see another NBA Lockout when its becoming a little more popular would be devesating.

AA ERA
    Porter: Well I knew the 98 Lockout would not last. Shaquille O'Neal saw to that. Remember he voiced his opinion and went to rip David Falk and his clients for the lockout when it was not necessary. Shaq deserves full assist for speaking his mind on this. When I have lot of good things to say about Shaq, this will definitely come out.

You have to figure that this will work out when all is said and done. NBA and the players know that the fans won't have zero tolerance with what has gone with the NHL lockout.

MLB ERA
    the NBA needs to make some changes though. I'm a huge basketball fan. Always have been, but the state of the game now, and the sackless Commissioner and league definitely need an overhaul. I don't have time right now to go into all of my personal issues with the league, but it needs changes or it'll implode.

AA ERA
    What changes? It's interesting you mention the word changes. What changes should the NBA need? Would I love to see lot of competition? Of course, but then again teams need to start making good decisions and etc. I do agree about the age limit. That has to happen.

AA ERA
    Onterrio got what he deserved IMO as he was suspended for the entire season after getting caught in the airport using the Whizznator Kit to beat drug testing. It's bad enough that he even tried to beat the drug testing by using a kit, but it's even worse when he got caught. What a dumbass!

AA ERA
    Three things on my mind

-- Vikings fans should be happy to see that crook Red McCombs go away. I think it's great for the NFL too.

-- I am dissapointed that the Timberwolves got the #14 pick. This pick is going to be nothing since I have zero faith in McHale finding the right guy. Sure any team can get the right player, but you need a good management and Timberwolves are lousy in that regard.

-- God I hate rain. New Jersey has had rain since Sunday. It's also been cold all spring long. I can't wait to get out of here. NJ is always so cold and it rains as much as Seattle does. NJ makes the weather in Minnesota look good.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    I'm here boys. On themlbforum, when i got a PM the box never came poped up so i never checked. I kept visiting that forum to see whats going on and it was dead. I didn't know what happened. Then i saw today i had a PM from steak about this site and i jumped over as fast as i could. Did everyone switch over???

Anyways, i'm here now. Sorry for making the switch so late.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast