Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pohlad cash strapped

AA ERA
    Jeff George came in 2000 not in 1999.

Randall's backup was Jay Fiedler. Brad Johnson was supposed to start, but then he got hurt that year hence why Randall started.

Too long ago, what starts happening to me is my memories combine sometimes which is why I say some things like that.

I do remember Brad Johnson on the Vikings, because of one play in paticular. Brad Johnson tried to through a mid level pass, but it hit one of the OL in the back, bounced off, and then landed back into Brad Johnson's hands again. I remember that play being covered on ESPN, and just thinking it was an amazing play.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GoYankees
    I do remember Brad Johnson on the Vikings, because of one play in paticular. Brad Johnson tried to through a mid level pass, but it hit one of the OL in the back, bounced off, and then landed back into Brad Johnson's hands again. I remember that play being covered on ESPN, and just thinking it was an amazing play.
    THe amazing thing about the play wasn't just that. It's that he is the only QB in NFL history to throw a TOUCHDOWN to himself. He got a TD on that play.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    Jeff George came in 2000 not in 1999.

Randall's backup was Jay Fiedler. Brad Johnson was supposed to start, but then he got hurt that year hence why Randall started.
    Actually I have to correct you here.

• 1999: George was only here in 1999 (or at least only played in 99). Cunningham started the season, got hurt or pulled (can't recall at the moment) and George finished out the season.
    • 1998: Brad Johnson started out the season and got hurt after only a couple of games and Cunningham replaced him taking the team all the way to the NFC title game.
    • 1997: Brad Johnson was the QB with Cunningham playing backup and seeing limited field time.
    • 1996: Warren Moon started out the season and was replaced by Brad Johnson after like 3 or 4 games.
    So, in 2000, Washington played with Two QBs, both former vikes QBs, Brad Johnson and Jeff George.

As for Fiedler, he backed up a couple differnt guys for a few years in MN, but never got playing time until 1998 when he got to throw a couple of tosses in a Vikes game or two (cuz we always had insanely huge leads in games). But by 99, he was in Jacksonville and in Miami by 2000.

AA ERA
    Oh yeah. I know he played in the 2000 playoff game, but he signed in the 99 season and he played late in the season.

It was fun to see Randall do his thing that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    Oh yeah. I know he played in the 2000 playoff game, but he signed in the 99 season and he played late in the season.

It was fun to see Randall do his thing that year.
    I was right. Trying to me feel like I have a bad memory?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12