Thread: Tiffee is back to the minors

AA ERA

Tiffee is back to the minors

Well Terry is heading back to the minors. That's good news and bad news. The good news means that Justin is here. The bad news is that we will miss a hitter in the Twins bench. I like what he did in his time here. It's amazing why there is no spot for him in the roster. Twins want to consider Lecroy as a "catcher" so they have to waste a roster spot. The Twins bench is not even that good to begin with. I can't come up with one good hitter off the bench. Nick Punto has been a joke so far. The Teamster has done okay, but he does not scare anyone. Terry Tifee may be the Twins best player off the bench yet he is heading to the minors.

Hopefully, he will come soon.

He will be with the team later this year, but I prefer to see him here now considering how lousy their bench is.

Rookie ERA
    I agree with you about our bench - it pretty much is empty. No big bats, no big threats. I liked Tiffee on the field and he swings a nice bat. We don't need Punto, Castro, Rivas and Bartlett to cover the infield. Punto has shown me nothing at all. Send him down and bring back Tiffee!

AA ERA
    Our bench was really exposed in the She-ca-go series this week. Gardy used Nick Punto as a pinch-hitter and he promptly strikeout to end the threat.

I was hoping the Twins would have kept Munson, but Munson wouldn't have done much either.

AA ERA
    Just to add that Dave Gassner was also sent to the minors. No suprise there. He was just a fill-in. Even if he pitched great yesterday, he was not going to be here. Still it would have been nice to see him pitch well yesterday as an option if Kyle Lohse can't get his head of his rump.

MLB ERA
    Terry Tiffee at third base, Cuddyer at second.

Poof, runs.

AA ERA
    Unfortunately, Rivas is here. Twins should have never tendered him a contract. He should have been gone this off-season.