Thread: How does Scott Ulleger has a job?

AA ERA

How does Scott Ulleger has a job?

With the way the Twins stranded runners the last two night, I can't help but start scrapegoating Scotty. I am amused Scott is still employed as the hitting coach. What the hell has he done to stay on as the hitting coach? This team has been brutal in hitting under his leadership. This team takes stupid at-bats. This team strikes out a lot. This team hates too many double plays. This team does stupid things on offense. I am sick and tired of it. I can't take it anymore. How does he have a job? How is Terry Ryan and Co so obvilious about Scott? It's the same ol crap since 1997 and I am really sick of it. He should have been gone going back to 97.

When David Ortiz become a superstar all of a sudden while the rest of the Twins hitters are just hideous, someone has to be blame. Our hitters make Mario Mendoza look like Vladimir Guerrero. I am so sick of it.

I can't take it anymore.

I would love to see Paul Molitor as the hitting coach. I know he stunk as Seattle's hitting coach last year, but the Mariners had hitters who were old. Could you imagine what Paul can do with our hitters? Our hitters are not as bad as they are.

Twins ain't winning a championship as long as this guy is around

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Paul was given a team that was older than christmas. He would be a good fit for the Twins as the coach.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    Porter: Exactly. Mariners lineup was 20x worse than our lineup.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    only 20 times more?!?!?! Ask Ryan Franklin that question (he was among the worst for run support, on top of the fact he gave up the gopherball 40 times last season).
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Well, my opinions on this are well documented. I've wanted Molitor for a long time. I'm still pissed off that he didn't get the skipper job in MN when Gardensalad got the reigns. When Molitor was basically let go when he went to the Mariners, I was fuming. Keeping Ulger is a freakin' insult to the players, if you ask me. When a guy who never played MLB ball, how in the HELL can he be a big league batting coach!?

Then again, there's molitor. HOF player. 4-time Silver Slugger award winner. World series winner and WS MVP. 7-time allstar. All-time, 9th in career hits, 17th in career runs, 21st all time career total bases, 10th all time in career singles, lifetime .306 batting average.

Molitor gets nothing but applause from me

Whoops, let's get back to Ulger and his MLB career. *crickets*.... *chirp* *chirp*

MLB ERA
    But is he a good hitting coach? Great hitting coaches run the gamut from great hitters to Mickey Hatcher. Of course, I do agree about Ulleger. Anyone who teaches David Ortiz to slap the ball should be fired on the spot.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/u/ullgesc01.shtml

15 hits in 79 career at bats.
    He struck out 21 times, while drawing only 5 walks.
    He grounded into six double plays.

It's ridiculous that he's making a living telling players how to bat.

MLB ERA
    You know, I coulda sworn he was in the bigs for a couple weeks (from looking it up one other time), but when I went to double check/verify before my rant above, I couldn't find him.

I guess it helps if you spell the loser's name correctly.

AA ERA
    INSANE IS HERE!

Thanks for coming and signing up. It's about time you were here. I am glad you are here.

You know it's sad when players turn to Shannon Stewart and Al Newman for hitting help instead of Scotty as evident couple of years ago. Heck I read in Baltimore couple of years ago when Torii asked Bobby Bonilla for advice in hitting. How about when Luis Rivas decided not to participate in Scott's optional BP last year? That's an indictment on Scott IMO. If I am Terry Ryan or Ron Gardenhire, I would say why in the heck are my hitters asking other people for advice for hitting when we have a hitting coach. Unbelivable!

BTW, I love that nickname of Gardensalad, Lynch.

MLB ERA
    Rickey Henderson should be the hitting coach. Rickey knows the ins and outs of hitting. Rickey thinks that Rickey could be very successful teaching kids how Rickey hits.