Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Brewers Ramblings

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

J.J Hardy is rehabbing... Now he is hoping to make the team next year.. Man, if he could only stay healthy... Brewers just have too many middle tier players and not enough positions to put them all... I would really hate to be in Melvin's shoes in the off-season..

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Turnbow's E.RA now is 6.88... YIKES! NOT GOOD!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

correction......TUrnbow got some home scoring... He only allowed 2 earned runs, not 3... so his E.RA is now 6.71... shew, i was going to loose major sleep tonight over that....

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Jenkins sad about his uncertain future. I have mixed feelingsabout the whole topic.. I feel he is the most marketable and available veteran the Brewers have. Most of the youngsters are probably hands off, unless it is a deal they cant pass up!!! I do love Jenkins attitude and his professional manner in this year's demotion. He handled it with class and set a good example for the future kids in the system. As everyone would be, it killed him on the inside though. I love his passion and attitude that he brought to the park everyday, and he always seemed to hustle. A true leader in my opinion!

MLB ERA
    Brewers agreed to terms with RHP Jeff Suppan, who had been with the Cardinals, on a four-year, $42 million contract with a club option for 2011.
    A contract that was impossible to envision when Suppan's ERA was over 5.00 for the majority of last season. Suppan is durable, but he still fell short of 200 innings in each of his three seasons in St. Louis. Last year, he gave up 100 runs and struck out 104 batters in 190 innings. The Brewers are committing an awfully big chunk of their payroll to a guy who might not be anything more than a fourth starter. Still, while we'd like to argue that the money would have been better spent on a center fielder, it's not like the guys in the same price range -- Juan Pierre and Gary Matthews Jr. -- were better investments.

Jeff Suppan passed his Brewers physical Friday, finalizing his four-year, $42 million contract with the team.
    The contract includes a $2 million buyout of a club option for 2011.
    Source: RotoWorld
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    I will take that 190 innings. Suppan was tough down the stretch for the Cardinals last year. He was pretty darn good in the post season also! I think the $$$ might be too high, but all in all, I like the move. I have to many of my baseball friends that I respect thier knowledge. They said that they would like Suppan on their fav. team!!! I guess they will be rooting for the 'Crew this season!!!! If our staff stays healthy, We may just have one of the deepest in the division, NL, and dare I say MLB? We will see!!!

GO BREWERS!!!! PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME IN 2007!!!!

MLB ERA
    Free agent Tomo Ohka is negotiating with two NL East teams, and according to Newsday, one is the Mets.
    In all, he has offers from four teams, though it's unclear if any of them is goes beyond one year. The Nationals are the other NL East team in the running. They initially offered Ohka a deal a month ago, but it wasn't quite what he was looking for. If signed by the Mets, Ohka could join Tom Glavine, Orlando Hernandez, John Maine and probably Oliver Perez in the rotation.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    They can have him. Nothing against Ohka, he is an o.k. pitcher. He is just a bit too inconsistent for me. When he has his control, he is a tough pitcher to face, but if he is struggling, he's ready for the showers early!!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Although the Brewers originally wanted him in left, Bill Hall is guessing that he'll end up playing center field this season.
    That seems to be the way things are shapign up. It remains likely that the Brewers will trade an outfielder at some point, whether it's Kevin Mench, Geoff Jenkins or Brady Clark. As things stand now, the Brewers would have Corey Hart in left, Hall in center and a Jenkins-Mench platoon in right. A trade involving Mench or Jenkins would free up some playing time for Gabe Gross and Clark. With Laynce Nix and Tony Gwynn Jr. also available, the Brewers are capable of dealing two outfielders.
    I don't know if Hall in CF is the best option but the Brewers do need his bat in the lineup. I am pretty sure either Mench or Jenkins (probably Mench since he is cheaper) will be traded during ST when somebody goes down.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Well I agree about the point of needing Hall's bat in the lineup. That is a must!! I personally feel they should have given him first crack at third base last year instead of Koskie. That is still my feeling for this year. He has played some 3B in the past and has done a commendable job there. The Brewers have too many options in the OF and the IF IMO!!!! Too many players that can play multiple positions. I say just cut ties with Clark, cause all you will get for him is a prospect anyways. Mench needs a place like Tampa Bay, KC, somewhere he can play everyday and prove himself. In Mil and Tex, he always seems to be the odd man out!!!!! Texas wanted him out, and now the Brewers do too!!!! Jenkins, I love his attitude, but too streaky for me. He needs to go to a big market team where he can bat 6th or 7th in the lineup and relax to allow himself to produce!!!!! In Mil, he is a middle of the order guy and he is too streaky for that!!! So, I don't care if we keep him until July's trade deadline or trade him before the season, or keep him. IMO, if Yost has too many players with the ability to play multiple positions, then he tends to tinker with the lineup too much.

Here is my ideal lineup with this years players!!

2B Weeks
    SS Hardy
    3B Hall
    1B Fielder
    RF Hart/Jenkins
    C Estrada
    LF Gross
    CF Gywnn/Nix (if Healthy)
    P Sheets/Capuano/Suppan/Bush/Vargos

-OR-

CF Gywnn/someone else in CF via trade
    SS Hardy
    3B Hall
    1B Fielder
    RF Hart/Jenkins
    2B Weeks
    C Estrada
    LF Gross/Nix
    P

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Yeah, I like Hall's bat over Koskie's too. The Marlins might be interest in Clark as they need a CFer on the cheap and at 33 yrs old, he can be the team daddy.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    That may be a good place for Clark to go. I still believe he is a very servicable guy to a MLB roster, but there are to many OF'ers on the Brewers roster and if the Marlins go after him, they could probably get him cheap, like for a prospect or two. Then he could help mentor and groom all the youngsters on the Marlins roster.

MLB ERA
    Brewers signed RHP R.A. Dickey to a minor league contract.
    The Brewers found themselves a knuckleballer to replace Jared Fernandez, who is off to pitch in Japan. Dickey will likely be a mainstay in Triple-A Nashville's rotation unless he makes a whole lot of progress this season.

According to FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal, it's possible the Padres will acquire Geoff Jenkins to play left field.
    The Brewers would eat some of the $7.5 million they still owe Jenkins in order to move him. Still, the Padres don't have a lot to give up in return. This is one trade possibility in which Scott Linebrink's name should not surface.

A source told FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal that the Mets aren't one of two teams with a two-year offer on the table to Tomo Ohka.
    It was reported the other day that there were three teams that had submitted two-year proposals and that one was Pittsburgh. The Mets are looking at one-year deals right now. Besides Jorge Sosa, whom they're rumored to be signing, they're also considering Ramon Ortiz and Aaron Sele.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    I hope the Brewers dont give him up for nothing. He is still a good and maybe even an above average MLB player. They need to trade him for equal value. If they dont get equal value for him, then keep him and play him in RF and see how he produces and can always use him for trade bait at the July trade deadline.

MLB ERA
    Brewers manager Ned Yost confirmed that he plans to use Bill Hall in center field and Corey Hart in right field at the beginning of the season.
    Geoff Jenkins and Kevin Mench are set to platoon in left field. Nothing Yost said was a surprise at all, but it's nice to have the added confirmation. The Milwaukee outfield still could change if Hall struggles defensively or a trade opens up some at-bats, but it's not looking good for Mench, Gabe Gross or Brady Clark right now.

Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast