Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fielder Not Happy

MLB ERA

Brewers Fielder Not Happy

Quote Originally Posted by RotoWorld
    Prince Fielder made it clear he wasn't pleased after the Brewers opted to renew his contract Sunday.
    "I'm not happy about it at all," Fielder said. "The fact that they've renewed me two years in a row now. There are a lot of guys with the same amount of time I have who have done a lot less than me and are getting paid a lot more. But my time is going to come and it's coming quick, too." A lot of guys is a huge exaggeration, but it is hard to blame Fielder for thinking he deserved as much as the $900,000 that Ryan Howard made in 2007. If he turns in another big season, he'll surely ask for the $10 million Howard is due to make in 2008 for his first year of arbitration.
    I can't say I don't blame him.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Turn 2

Re: Fielder Not Happy

I would be upset to. He is a huge contributor to the club.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I can understand him being upset but he has to know he is going to get his. He has two years in the big leagues. Be patient and keep up the numbers and you will be the franchise player for a long time in Milwaukee.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Fielder Not Happy

and that scares me a lot!!! i have a really bad hunch that he will be good as gone. unless the brewers are putting away a bank roll for him.

AAA ERA

According to the paper him, Corey Hart, and Rickie Weeks have to wait another year before they get bigger money offers with the Crew.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

yeah, but as much as I like both of those players, ut doesnt scare me as much if we loose them as if we could or would loosing Fielder.

MLB ERA

I don't know man, I get being unwilling to wrap millions up in such a young player, but the guy proved himself last year. I wouldn't be shocked if this is the beginning of the end of his career in milwaukee...

AAA ERA

I just wish sometimes they wouldn't be so damn greedy. His day will come and it will be next year. If he can't wait then why play baseball?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by eLCaBio BLoNdiE View Post
    I just wish sometimes they wouldn't be so damn greedy. His day will come and it will be next year. If he can't wait then why play baseball?

Because he can play baseball somewhere else and make, probably at least 5 times what he's making now? Does that sound enticing to you? Wouldn't you like to do your same job in a new place for 5 times the salary? I know I would.

Plus, how do you know his time will be next yr? They have the option to renew his contract again.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I bet the Brewers brass is working on a long term deal and it will be signed by the end of this season. Brewers need to lock him up now before he starts making the Pujols/Howard money in arbitration.

MLB ERA

he needs to wait his time. Howard finally got his this year. This is just the way baseball works. It takes a while of being good to get a nice rich contract
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

The difference being that Howard is a hideous fielder, and was about 5 years older when he came up to the majors. There was reason
    to be slightly hesitant after just one season of Howard. Fielder has had 2 good seasons. I'm not saying he should get 11 million per year, but he should not be making $450,000 either.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Pujols made $900k in his third year. The next year it shot up to $7mil. Fielder will make more than $7 mil next year.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I bet the Brewers brass is working on a long term deal and it will be signed by the end of this season. Brewers need to lock him up now before he starts making the Pujols/Howard money in arbitration.

This is exactly what I mean. Fielder, Hart, and Weeks will all have the time to shine next year or by the end of this year.

Same thing happened with Cordero and now he's in the worst pitching ballpark there is...Good luck to him...

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Fielder Not Happy

I am not happy if Prince is not happy. The Brewers need to keep this team together, at least the main core. i.e. Yankees and Braves of the 90's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast