Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Brewer Updates.... As of 8/23/06 til the end of our year

MLB ERA
    Well Bonds tied Arron's homerun mark in the game.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Whoopie Ding!!! Never rooted for that guy... His ego is as big as his "big" head... Baseball would be a better place without him! He is bad for baseball and pretty much sports in general....

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Brewers need just one win today or tomorrow for a series win... Lets get both of them.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    Whoopie Ding!!! Never rooted for that guy... His ego is as big as his "big" head... Baseball would be a better place without him! He is bad for baseball and pretty much sports in general....
    I couldn't agree more. I hate the fact that he is only 22 or so homeruns away from Aaron's record. If he plays next year he is going to break it.

Anyway, at least the right team last night, barely. Nothing beats a late inning comeback win. Mench had a great game going 3 for 3 with a double and 3 RBI.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Mench had a good game again tonight, as did CoCo!!!! Brewers win 10-8!!! Yeah!!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Molina00
    I couldn't agree more. I hate the fact that he is only 22 or so homeruns away from Aaron's record. If he plays next year he is going to break it.
    I'm sure Mr. Selig will find some reason to suspend Bonds if he decides to come back next season. I would not be a bit surprised to hear Bonds "retire" suddenly just before spring training starts.
    To get to the Brewers, lets see what they can do with a full season of JJ Hardy, Rickie Weeks, Bill Hall and Prince Fielder playing the infield.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

My friend, you said a mouthful about the Brewers. These kids are going to have to learn to take care of themselves better in the off-season... I wish and hope they can stay healthy next year and for years to come. The Brewers are getting there, just need to put together 2-4 more pieces of the puzzle. I was just disappointed in them with their late August and early September swoon.. I thought it would be a very valuable experience for them to learn how to play when the heat is on. I felt that management threw in the towel.. Brewer fans have been starving for playoffs for a long time.. Now that is my heart talking, but in reality, I knew they probably still wouldn't make the playoffs in the long run, but just the buzz in the locker room for them and their fans sure would have been exciting.

ANd Bonds, He will get the record. I could care less because it is him. If it was anyone else I would love it. I just get sick of these athletes that think their are above everyone else... I am sure it gets old having people/fans pull you in every direction. But I always thought that came with the territory... Especially with the 'stars"!!!!! Bonds claims he wants to stay out of the press and controversy. But he sure has a funny way of popping in the limelight... Don't be fooled by his words, he loves the attention and he strives for it. Just like T.O. in football. Just get sick of listening about those two clowns on a regular basis..

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

BTW catman, i forgot to mention this to you. Even if something comes up with Bonds, I really don't think Selig will do anything. I sure hope I am wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!

MLB ERA
    I can't wait to see what Ryan Braun can do at 3B for the Brewers. Here are his stats from Minorleaguebaseball.com: http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/a...pbp&pid=460075
    He looks like a good kid, one that will not hit a lot of homers, but will do a good job with his bat and glove. The Brewers won't really need him to hit a lot of homers, but he should be able to drive in a few runs for them.
    He may be there as early as next April, but I think he'd be better served to play a year at AAA and come up in September.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    Here is another story from Minorleaguebaseball.com:
    http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/a...milb&fext=.jsp
    Yovani Gallardo is another kid to watch. He is 6'3", 215, right handed, and can hit a little bit himself, but his pitching will get him to the bigs.
    I hope to see both of these guys next summer in Des Moines. If I do, I'll report on them here.
    The Brewers do look like a team on the rise.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Braun will probably come up late next year unless there is an injury (HOPE NOT). He does need another year in the minors.. If they brought him up next year, they would still have too many youngsters. Still need a good blend of veterans to keep things level headed... I predict that Hall or maybe even J.J. Hardy will be playing 3rd next. My guess is that it will be Hall though.. I believe J.J. is the better of the 2 defensively.

MLB ERA
    Bill Hall's best position is no position. Let him play a few games at 2B to give Weeks a game or 2 off, a couple at SS to spell JJ, at 3rd for a few and a bit in the outfield. He is a great utility player (and a nice kid as well -- I met him when he played in the Midwest League). He is good defensively and can hit and run as well.
    I think the Brewers will likely use one of their vets at 3B most of the time next season and see how Braun does in Nashville.

MLB ERA
    This said, what do you think about the chance that Weeks could be moved to the outfield? He is not a smooth fielder at 2B and he does cost the team runs from time to time.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I have heard that rumor also. I dont think they will. They have too many outfielders too make decisions on already. Hall played some CF early in the season too, before Hardy got hurt. Yount and Svuem worked very hard on Weeks defense and after a point in May when he was up to 20-22 errors already. He only commited like 1-2 errors after that til he got injuried himself. I believe he made big enough strides to be thier 2B man next year too.. I do know they would like to move him down to the 6 spot in the lineup though. But until Gywnn or someone else is ready or establishes themself as a true leadoff guy, then Weeks will be in the leadoff til then.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Brewers sweep the Giants just like the Giants did to them in SF. Now we need to go on the road, and have a winning week to build on for next year!! Gain confidence.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast