Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoping

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I hope for a win tomorrow as I always do for the Brewers!!!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Hey, I see that Bush is off to a decent start today, Lets keep it going Bush!!

AAA ERA
    Good win for the Brewers today

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Finally.. We are sputtering at home... But, a win is a win..

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Hoping we can at the very least go 4-2 this week... Pittsburgh and Washington have had our numbers this year.. We are DUE!!!!!

Will Ned Yost be fired at the end of the season?

I for one hope not.

He needs to have better pitching for him to do well.

BTW, you can have Carlos Silva for free.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I highly doubt that Yost will be fired.. The Brewers are heading in the right direction.. He just needs to play a rather consistent lineup and not be so Dusty Baker like... And, no thanks on the Siva offer!!!! That was nice of you though... Knowing the Brewers though, he will probably be a Brewer before too long...

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Well so much for hoping.. Pirates still have our number this year. I guess that is what we get for sweeping them in the first series of the year... If we keep David next year, he needs to be our 4th or 5th starter... Capuano, Sheets, and Bush I would keep... And either move Ohka to the pen or dumo him.. Too inconsistent for me... At least when Bush struggles, he can usually battle til the 6th inning... Ohka is just done when his stuff is NOT working, hence Saturday's loss to the Astro's

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Well hoping for a .500 record this year went down the drain... Brewers starting another streak in their "illustrate" history... One year in a row with a losing record...

AAA ERA
    Like I've always said, the joys of being a brewer fan!

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    Well hoping for a .500 record this year went down the drain...
    A .500 record really doesn't mean anything. Fans should view a season as playoffs or bust.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I totally agree with you... I really feel that this year has been a BUST... especially just 2 1/2 weeks ago we were just 4 games out of 1st place and the Brewers choked in my opinion.. Or managemnet decided to use the remainder of the season to evaluate talent, either way as a fan of a ball club that has struggle for nearly 30 years for idenity, it was a flat out shame that they tanked the remainder of the year... Yes we have had exptremely large amount of injuries, especially year ending ones, but up til the of August, we were still in the hunt in the weak NL... My opinion is when you get a chance to make the playoffs you go full head of steam, cause you just never know when it will happen again... Again, I really respect the job the A's, Twins, and Marlins do with the budget given to them.... I find it refreshing and I love it because that is they all sports should be... Too much $$$$$$ involved and the players don't respect their sport like the players in the past. This is just my opinion... I still feel that everyone should be paid basically the same based salary and with incentives.. I really feel the quality of sports would increase!! Just my take... Anyways, back to thetopic at hand... After our 3-17 record here the last 20 games and juggling of our everyday lineup, I was just hoping for some quality play and .500 record, a strong road and home finish to build confidence for next year... That is all I was saying... After reality sunk in that is!!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

True about the joys of being brewers fan... it definitely requires patience and true loyalty and appreciation.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    I totally agree with you... I really feel that this year has been a BUST... especially just 2 1/2 weeks ago we were just 4 games out of 1st place and the Brewers choked in my opinion.. Or managemnet decided to use the remainder of the season to evaluate talent, either way as a fan of a ball club that has struggle for nearly 30 years for idenity, it was a flat out shame that they tanked the remainder of the year... Yes we have had exptremely large amount of injuries, especially year ending ones, but up til the of August, we were still in the hunt in the weak NL... My opinion is when you get a chance to make the playoffs you go full head of steam, cause you just never know when it will happen again... Again, I really respect the job the A's, Twins, and Marlins do with the budget given to them.... I find it refreshing and I love it because that is they all sports should be... Too much $$$$$$ involved and the players don't respect their sport like the players in the past. This is just my opinion... I still feel that everyone should be paid basically the same based salary and with incentives.. I really feel the quality of sports would increase!! Just my take... Anyways, back to thetopic at hand... After our 3-17 record here the last 20 games and juggling of our everyday lineup, I was just hoping for some quality play and .500 record, a strong road and home finish to build confidence for next year... That is all I was saying... After reality sunk in that is!!
    Very nice post. I do agree that probably some players don't respect the game like players of the past. They are definately grossly overpaid these days, but as long as owners/GM's or whoever pays them are willing to pay them that much, how can the players refuse. I was very disappointed when I read something about one guy, I think it was Odalis Perez but I'm not sure, who stopped giving to charity because he wasn't getting the recognition he thought he deserved for it. Sometimes I wish I had been born sooner so I could have seen some of the old greats from the 50-70's. But then I would have to be about 60 now, lol. Anyway, I can understand the Brewers wanting to see what they've got in terms of future potential. They may have been only 4 games out but I seriously doubt they were going to make the playoffs, and if they did I don't think they would lasted long against the Mets or whoever else they might play.

The Brewers ship will sail again, it's just a matter of time. Mench and Coco need their WS rings.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I agree that the Brewers probably wouldn't make the playoffs or would be an early exit if they squeaked in. I just wanted them to gain that experience of being in a pennant race and get that incredible taste of winning in their mouths so it would motivate them to work hard in the off-season and focused for next year and be an incentive... Saying hey, we almost made it with tons of injuries and with inconsistent pitching and hitting. Thats all I wanted this year.. We have a lot of decisions to make in the off-season, we have way too many outfielders in the mix.. We need to trade some of them for pitching, pitching, and more pitching... Oh, did I mention pitching.

Well I am old enough to have seen the players inthe 70's and early 80's before the Yankees signed Winfield for $10 MIL for 10 years... That was the true turning point for all these huge salaries... IMO! And I don't blame the players for taking the money, but it isnt everything.... These young kids see dollars sugns and do not way all the options... I hate to mention his name and get the forum all wound up agian, but look at A-Rod. I firmly believe that is part of his problems with his life in general, not just baseball... He should have stayed in Seattle or Texas... He just seemed more comfortable in his surroundings... I know he tried to restructure, but the union seemed to frown upon it because of the precedent it might start... The union felt it would be a step backwards. ANd they can't have that now can they!!!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast