Thread: Start kissing Josh Johnson goodbye.

MLB ERA

Marlins Start kissing Josh Johnson goodbye.

Josh Johnson's agent, Matt Sosnick, believes his client is headed for a major payday in two years.

Barring injury, Sosnick is probably right. Johnson is 7-1 this season with a 2.66 ERA and 1.05 WHIP, and is 14-2 since undergoing Tommy John Surgery. ''The way that I think Josh needs to be valued is somewhere between [A.J.] Burnett's contract and [CC] Sabathia's contract, and probably closer to Sabathia's,'' Sosnick said Saturday. ``Josh is that guy in two years.'' Sabathia inked a seven-year, $161 million deal this offseason.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Re: Start kissing Josh Johnson goodbye.

And Florida should be on the phone...right...now... imagine the return if he hit the market
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yo, Florida, you still need a catcher, correct? Let's do this thing again.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

And that agent Sosnick is full of crap. Dontrelle Willis got him made, and now Johnson is really his only shot at hitting the jackpot again in the near future.

MLB ERA

No WAY Josh Johnson is anywhere close to CC. That's the biggest load of agent crap I've heard since Scott Boras wanted the $52 million that Dice-K got for Strasburg
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Wait why??? Cause he has #'s as good as CC, and the agent is talking about if he has 3 years of these #'s...if he does he'll get near CC money.

And I hope your kidding me about that agent... what he did for Dontrelle growing up, he was always there for the kid, even during his worst moments. Yes hes not Scott Boras, cause he has some personality and cares
    MSLSeattle0001

MLB ERA

Yea I'm with CJ on the agent, but come on, Johnson has to prove himself a lot longer to get CC type money from anyone

MLB ERA

I agree but the guy does have a 3.25 lifetime ERA, and he said in 2 years which would mean 3 years of this kind of production (Also might be trying to get his client on the trade block and to a bigger market)
    MSLSeattle0001

MLB ERA

Alright well if he continues to put up those kind of numbers, maybe. We'll see. I'm still very skeptical

MLB ERA

Age is working for Johnson. No reason he won't be able to put up those kind of numbers (barring inujry), and I'm not exactly sure what the FA class in 2 years will look like, but at just 27 or so he'll be one of the most attractive pieces available on that alone.

He could very well get near C.C. money if the market hasn't changed much by that point. Not often do 27-year-old starters with his type of makeup hit the market. Unless they're playing for the Marlins.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Johnson's very very good. I would not be surprised to see him get HUGE money. I don't think his first contract will be CC-like, but who's to say his agent won't get him to sign a 2 year deal, putting him at 29 as a FA again(about his prime), and then he could get an even bigger payday.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Buster Olney says Josh Johnson is sticking with his agent Matt Sosnick.

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    And I hope your kidding me about that agent... what he did for Dontrelle growing up, he was always there for the kid, even during his worst moments. Yes hes not Scott Boras, cause he has some personality and cares
    Luke Hochevar didn't have a positive experience with Sosnick. But who knows what to believe? You could be right about Sosnick and that Hochevar and Boras are the greedy assholes themselves.

Hochevar: Dodgers Not to Blame
    First-round pick and agent Boras apparently hold rival agent responsible for events leading to the pitcher's agreeing to, then reneging on, lucrative signing bonus.
    September 10, 2005|Tim Brown, Times Staff Writer

Luke Hochevar, the Dodgers' first pick in the June draft, and agent Scott Boras apparently now believe the Dodgers are not to blame for the events that led to Hochevar's agreeing to and then reneging on a $2.98-million signing bonus.

Boras apparently holds agent Matt Sosnick responsible, and spoke late Thursday night with scouting director Logan White in an attempt to renew negotiations for the University of Tennessee right-hander.

Over a seven-hour period on the night of Sept. 2 and early morning Sept. 3, Hochevar jumped agents to Sosnick, signed a term sheet, returned to Boras and backed out of the deal.

Initially, Hochevar and Boras accused White and Sosnick of conspiring to lure Hochevar away from Boras, then signing him. A conversation with White and others involved apparently left Boras believing otherwise.

"It's very clear the issues here do not relate to the Dodgers," Boras said. "It is clear they do relate to a third party making representations that have caused both sides to examine the situation in depth. However, our relationship with the Dodgers continues to be a good one. Both of us had to deal with a lot of information and allegations that have resulted in a finding it emanated from a third party. Our issue in this matter is not with the Dodger organization or anyone within the Dodger organization."

Sosnick has said Hochevar was eager to leave Boras and satisfied with his contract, then reneged on the deal under duress from Boras. Garth Iorg, a former major leaguer who was with Hochevar during the Sosnick negotiations, backed Sosnick's account.

Iorg has a business relationship with Sosnick, and Iorg's son, Eli, a minor leaguer with the Houston Astros, is Sosnick's client.

Hochevar said Sosnick was "crazy," and said he could not understand why Iorg would side with Sosnick.

"I just hope all this stuff ends, first of all, and that we get the contract done and start out on a good note," Hochevar said. "I want this to be over with. I want Sosnick to go wherever he goes, far away from me, and leave me alone for as long as I play the game."

Asked if he still hoped to sign with the Dodgers for $2.98 million, Hochevar declined to comment.

Dodger General Manager Paul DePodesta said White would continue to represent the team in negotiations with Hochevar. However, Dodger sources said they are in no hurry to resume talks.