Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Report: Bonds used massive amounts of steroids

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30

The book says that Bonds told his mistress Kimberly Bell that the media and baseball was going easy on McGwire, who admitted using the supplement andro in 1998. "They're just letting him do it because he's a white boy," the book cites Bonds as telling Bell.
    Can you imagine the uproar if a WHITE BOY said something like this about black dudes?

Racist f*ck.

Black people can't be racist, gosh! Idiot!
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave
    Unless Ruth's overuse of Beer, Women, and Hot Dogs are shown to actually being performance enhancing, his cleanliness does not tarnish the on the field accomplishments

Shoeless Joe was never PROVEN to have done anything either. And what he was accused of was not against the baseball rules OR the law for that matter... yet he was banned from baseball... Good enough for old Shoeless Joe, good enough for Barroids

All I can say to Barry is (If I had my way)... "Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you."
    While Ruth rightfully owns the HR record let's not forget that some of the best players in baseball were excluded because of the color of their skin. I know there is a player in the negro leagues that supposedly hit over 800 homers (can't remember who although it might be Josh Gibson).

MLB ERA
    It IS Josh Gibson...

Some of the best players also may have never been given the chance for so many other reasons as well. However, to say that Ruth (for example) is cheating or "performance enhanced" because of this, is about as much of a stretch as trying to hitch together 2 Semis going 80 MPH with an old Stretch Armstrong doll.
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, if Ruth was on performance enhancers, what were they? I know what they were, beer and hot dogs.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    pain killers

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Josh Gibson was as good if not better than Ruth.. 800 homeruns is something that no one will ever beat! I think if Barryoid passes Arron that it will have to be a special * by Bonds name for the drug use he did over several years.

Back to Gibson, he was the BEST power hitter in the Negro League! If he had a chance to play in the MLB he would have done the same thing, He would have hit ton of homeruns. Ruth was a great hitter as well just the issues with him was he loved to drink and party with the ladies and teamates. If he was sober there would be a guy with the homerun record.

Look at the pitcher Gibson had to play against there were alot of great pitchers in the league. What do you think of Josh Gibson?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Comparing Josh Brown to Babe Ruth is stupid.

Imagine the kind of numbers a guy like Carson Palmer could put up in the AFL. Carson Palmer would have no doubt the best stats of all-time. Doesn't make him the best player though, does it?

That's like BaseballFanatic keeping all of his good players in AA, so he could "win the aa championship".
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    let me add this to Bonds he needs to be suspended from baseball. He cheated he lied and it is like " Barry it is ok" cheat if you need to because you cant do it with the Steriods!!

McGwire's record should have the * as well!

These guys make to much money and cant do nothing better than spend it on the juice! Go to a gym and work out like the rest of us.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    let me add this to Bonds he needs to be suspended from baseball. He cheated he lied and it is like " Barry it is ok"
    This shouldn't surprise you. MLB's policy has always been "What? Star players using performance enhancing drugs? La la la la la I CAN'T HEAR YOUUUU."

How many stars of the 60s, 70s, and 80s were amphetamines users?
    How many stars ADMITTED to amphetamine use?
    How many got punished?

MLB will be doing something similar with steroids. No player who is a *current* star (both in performance and name/popularity) will be getting hit wth a steroid suspension any time soon.

MLB ERA
    Josh Brown?

AAA ERA
    Gibson hit "almost 800" as his HOF plaque says. Sadaharu Oh hit 868 in Japan. Does that count?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    No it doesn't count. He never played in the US, so he can't go into the our Baseball Hall of Fame.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    I'm all about Tuffy Rhodes.

MLB ERA
    Nahhh.... Sid Finch... if anyone deserves HOF... it's him
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast