Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Bonds used massive amounts of steroids

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    MLB needs to launch a huge investigation into baseball from '98 to the present. MLB let this happen and there looks like a lot of cheating was going on. We as fans need to know who were frauds and who weren't. They won't catch them all but it will be intersting to see what Bonds and Selig do now. ESPN hit a gold mine with that reality show it looks like.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    I'm shocked Rick Riley didn't use this in that takes up a bunch of space thing he calls a column.
    Rick Reilly spent 20 minutes today on the Dan Patrick show on ESPN Radio destroying Bonds.

He'll get around to it.

I was about to call in and own Reilly's stupid ass but I had a class

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    MLB needs to launch a huge investigation into baseball from '98 to the present. MLB let this happen and there looks like a lot of cheating was going on. We as fans need to know who were frauds and who weren't. They won't catch them all but it will be intersting to see what Bonds and Selig do now. ESPN hit a gold mine with that reality show it looks like.
    I agree,an investigation does need to be launched.They can't take away the stats before the 2005 season,but they can put an asterick next to names to note that the player got these stats with the help of suppliments and drugs now banned by MLB.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    That's all fine and good in the perfect world, but there is no PHYSICAL proof that these players actually took something. All we have is heresay and speculation, no concrete proof (like someone popping up positive). If they didn't test, we can't go back and say they positively took something. We'll never know for certain.
    rf28

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    But they have documents that are about as close to "proof" as you're going to get without Bonds testing positive. They have hour-by-hour, day-by-day, detailed logs of what Bonds took, how he took it, etc. Federal agents got a hold of these documents when they raided the BALCO labs, they left with precise details of what Bonds took, folders and calendars that chronicled everything from schedules and quantities to his testosterone levels. They've also got court documents, affidavits filed by BALCO investigators, documents written by federal agents, grand jury testimony, audio recordings and interviews with more than 200 people. 200 people!!!

But unless they catch Bonds sticking a needle filled with the Juice in his ass, there'll be a lot of people who'll say its all lies.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    But unless they catch Bonds sticking a needle filled with the Juice in his ass, there'll be a lot of people who'll say its all lies.
    They've banned athletes from the Olympics without positive tests. I know baseball isn't the Olympics but like someone else said, there's proof from all the documents from the Balco labs. Those cant all be lies.

The fraud known as Barroids. I really hope he doesn't touch that all-time HR record. That's definitely a stat that has to stay under the name of a CLEAN player, not some pill-popping cheater.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ha, and it's not like they actually caught Pete Rose while he was placing a bet with his bookie either...

Up until Rose admitted, there were people who said he didn't gamble.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Does Bill Romanowksi have an asterisk on his tackle and sack numbers?

Stop acting like this is the end of the world. Bust the guys and move on.

MLB ERA
    People want the homerun record to belong to a "clean player."

Who exactly is "clean"? Who can you fully say "Hey, this guy was a clean player"? No one in history? Oh, okay.

I'm not going to defend Barry for basically sucking down cans of Popeye's special spinach 8 times a day, but to want to rip away all the stats or whatever from him is pretty ridiculous, when people in the past have done things just as bad, but the MLB looked away. Amphetamines, for example.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    Does Bill Romanowksi have an asterisk on his tackle and sack numbers?

Stop acting like this is the end of the world. Bust the guys and move on.
    but does a tackle or a sack really change the impact of a game that a homerun does? tackles happen all the time, same with sacks, but they don't put points on the board and win games like hr's do.

its impossible to compare the impact of steriods in football and steriods in baseball. there are 16 weeks in a regular football season, and 162 in baseball. if you have a guy out there hitting homeruns in about 40+ of those games and getting over 100+ rbi's, while on steriods, that isn't going to make as big of impact as a guy who tackles or sacks a qb.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    People want the homerun record to belong to a "clean player."

Who exactly is "clean"? Who can you fully say "Hey, this guy was a clean player"? No one in history? Oh, okay.

I'm not going to defend Barry for basically sucking down cans of Popeye's special spinach 8 times a day, but to want to rip away all the stats or whatever from him is pretty ridiculous, when people in the past have done things just as bad, but the MLB looked away. Amphetamines, for example.
    There we go. McKain said what I wanted to. I mean, Mays used amphetamines, Ruth corked his bat at least once. Right there you have almost 1200 homeruns between them prior to the steroid boom.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Griffey doesn't cheat.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Ask yourself this: Is there proof that Barry Bonds broke any rules?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast