Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mazzone betrays Braves, joins Baltimore

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    I wasn't referring to the A's. I was referring to the Braves, which is what this thread is about.

The only teams that can "talk" about the Reds are the Yankees, A's, Red Sox, Dodgers and Cards. No one else has won more World Championships.

My bad then, I assumed that because you replied to my post, you were referring to the A's since that's the team I like

Again, please, enough of this "championships in the 30's" bullshit. We're in the new millenium. The only teams that can talk smack are the ones who've actually been successful lately. You might already know that I am a "what have you done for me lately" guy. What have your Reds done?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    Again, please, enough of this "championships in the 30's" bullshit. We're in the new millenium. The only teams that can talk smack are the ones who've actually been successful lately. You might already know that I am a "what have you done for me lately" guy. What have your Reds done?
    I don't care what you are. Those with high standards only care about number of World Championships in my mind. The facts say we have (5) and that most all teams have fewer than (5).

The situation is similar for my school's basketball team, the Kentucky Wildcats. We UK fans are only satisfied because we have (7) National Championships.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    I'm only satisfied when I have my favorite meal and am with my favorite woman.

MLB ERA
    You UK fans are satisfied? When they don't win the tourney again this year half the fan base will be calling for Tubby's head again.

What does the fact that the Boston Braves won a WS in 1914 with their state today?

MLB ERA
    Baseball is a game of history; that's why

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinersFan87
    You UK fans are satisfied? When they don't win the tourney again this year half the fan base will be calling for Tubby's head again.
    We are satisfied because the number of Championships. We won't be satisfied if we don't start winning them again though. Talking about calling for Tubby's head just further augments the point that we have lofty standards for the team and don't accept anything less than the best.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    What does the fact that the Boston Braves won a WS in 1914 with their state today?
    The same thing that any one of the Braves' recent divisional titles does. IT is all part of the past. What is the "magic" number of years that you go back to? The year where an agenda you have can be satisfied? I look at the overall picture.

Well, I know that WS wont help the Braves win now. Sadly, I wasn't able to see them win in 1914, although Woody Paige might have. Am I happy that they won? Yes, but I can't say it was a part of my experience as a Braves fan.

MLB ERA
    Well, I know that WS wont help the Braves win now. Sadly, I wasn't able to see them win in 1914, although Woody Paige might have. Am I happy that they won? Yes, but I can't say it was a part of my experience as a Braves fan.
    Well, I did see the last Reds' World Championship in '90. It was quite exciting. I'm sure Providence felt the same thing at the time.

Billy Bates. Joe Oliver. Dennis E. Game 2. I can appreciate what it's like to win a Championship just as much as Braves fans can for their one Championship won during their consecutive years streak of winning the division.

Well, I was lucky enough to see the Braves behind Johnie Smoltz pull it off in 1995, which was a very happy moment in my adolescent life.

MLB ERA
    Actually, I was 10 and I don't remember my Mom allowing me to stay up and watch the games as I didn't even have a TV in my room. My parents watched TV at night and I would be in bed before they were.

OK, can we steer back on topic? Does anyone think Maz will work his magic in Baltimore?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    Actually, I was 10 and I don't remember my Mom allowing me to stay up and watch the games as I didn't even have a TV in my room. My parents watched TV at night and I would be in bed before they were.
    Well, I was in 1st grade I think, but I certainly did watch all of the games. I got to go to Game 2. I will always feel fortunate for that.

Why wouldn't they let you watch your team in the World Series? That reallyu sucks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast