Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10/17 8 PM EST Cardinals @ Astros NLCS Game 5

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    They should have walked Pujols and pitched to Sanders with the bases loaded and 2 out. It would have been a three-pitch at-bat to end the series.
    I can't second guess them for that. Putting the go-ahead run on is just asking for it, not to mention the tying run in scoring position. Reggie Sanders has been mashing this post-season, granted he's hurt, but a flare ties the game. Plus if I have Lidge, I'm telling him to go after everyone. He's not in there to nibble and pitch around guys. All you can do is tip your cap to Pujols. He got his pitch.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Or . . . not pitch to Pujols, walk him to load the bases, pitch to Sanders. Get him to chase two balls in the dirt with your nasty breaking ball and strike him out high and tight. Pack your bags for Chicago.

I like the second scenario better. Someone you just have to put the go-ahead run on base. Pujols is one of those cases, obviously.

(If it's A-Rod or Guerrero, then clearly you pitch to them. )

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    Wow!!! Off Lidge? I knew I shouldn't have went to bed!

Never give up on a Jocketty team.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Corked bat? Let's not be silly.

This isn't Sammy Sosa we're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Or . . . not pitch to Pujols, walk him to load the bases, pitch to Sanders. Get him to chase two balls in the dirt with your nasty breaking ball and strike him out high and tight. Pack your bags for Chicago.

I like the second scenario better. Someone you just have to put the go-ahead run on base. Pujols is one of those cases, obviously.

(If it's A-Rod or Guerrero, then clearly you pitch to them. )
    Hmm, you're throwing nasty breaking balls in the dirt with a Eckstein on third? Not to mention that LaRussa probably says to Reggie, "You swing at a pitch before you get a strike, I'll cut your f-cking head off!"

Pujols may be "one of those cases" But sometimes you have to let your hammer go after the hitter. Brad Lidge is one of those cases. I think Fill Garner played it right.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Yeah it's easy to second guess things after they happen but you just can't put the tying run on second in that situation. Lidge could have just as easily hung that slider to Sanders to put the game even more out of reach. Plus Pujols wasn't having a good day at the plate. Pujols showed that he is the MVP and crushed one 412 ft which would have been close to 490 if the roof was open. Lidge is the best in the NL and just ****ed up.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Never give up on a Jocketty team.
    I didn't give up...I was tired and had to work in the morning

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123