Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rollins hit streak

MLB ERA

Rollins hit streak

Up to 33 now. They've only got 3 games left, so let's say he gets a hit in all three. That would put him at 36. I think it would make it much more difficult to take a 4 month vacation and start up again, but you know if he starts to get close next year people will be crying foul. Thoughts?

MLB ERA
    Yup. Despite the streak, he's still nothing compared to Felipe Lopez.

Rollins' OPS: .764
    Lopez' OPS: .829

That is all.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    We appreciate you for adding that stupid, pointless comparison.

MLB ERA
    Point: The hit streak means nothing. Period.

Is that a little more clear?(I think it's a bit "stupid and pointless" as you would say to bring up hit streaks, which really show very little about a player. It's something ESPN uses as a device to attract fans to the situation, but it means nothing)

Or are you still angry that I stated a fact about one of Willis' starts that you didn't like?
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Point: The hit streak means nothing. Period.
    Thanks for your opinon. I never said it did. I never implied that Rollins is a better player because of the streak.

Or are you still angry that I stated a fact about one of Willis' starts that you didn't like?
    Yeah, that was exactly what it what.

Actually, nevermind, no it wasn't. This was a thread about Rollins' streak, and about how people were going to unfairly say that a 4 month layoff is going to be an advantage for Jimmy. But I guess since it wasn't a thread about your beloved Reds you had to go and pollute it with your saber-geek garbage. Nevermind that I never even mentioned Lopez's name in this thread. Nevermind that I never mentioned that a hit streak (where a player can get rewarded for a 1-5 night, I realize that) made Rollins a better player. It's honestly about you trying to pull a stat about a Reds out of your ass for your own satisfaction. I really don't see a point about to you contributing to this thread. Did it make you feel better about the fact that your team is in the cellar of their division? We should make you your own little forum for this kind of stuff. You can OPS us, WHIP us, and ISO us to death there (even though no one would read it). But do me (and the rest of us a favor) and stop posting this crap in threads where it doesn't belong. I tried to answer in a nice manner at first, but I'm in a bad mood and maybe I'm not in the mood for homer crap.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinersFan87
    Thanks for your opinon. I never said it did. I never implied that Rollins is a better player because of the streak.

Actually, nevermind, no it wasn't. This was a thread about Rollins' streak, and about how people were going to unfairly say that a 4 month layoff is going to be an advantage for Jimmy. But I guess since it wasn't a thread about your beloved Reds you had to go and pollute it with your saber-geek garbage. Nevermind that I never even mentioned Lopez's name in this thread. Nevermind that I never mentioned that a hit streak (where a player can get rewarded for a 1-5 night, I realize that) made Rollins a better player. It's honestly about you trying to pull a stat about a Reds out of your ass for your own satisfaction. I really don't see a point about to you contributing to this thread. Did it make you feel better about the fact that your team is in the cellar of their division? We should make you your own little forum for this kind of stuff. You can OPS us, WHIP us, and ISO us to death there (even though no one would read it). But do me (and the rest of us a favor) and stop posting this crap in threads where it doesn't belong. I tried to answer in a nice manner at first, but I'm in a bad mood and maybe I'm not in the mood for homer crap.
    What is the point of posting a thread with no meaning? That's exactly what this thread is doing, because a hit streak isn't even really newsworthy.

And "saber-geek" garbage...what is that? I think I am pretty open to non-SABER thoughts. In fact, I happen to disagree with some "Saber-geek" thinking, such as the idea that clutch hitting doesn't exist. I think it does exist.

As for talking about teams in the cellar, should that really be something you mention considering you are a Mariners fan? At least the Reds are near the top in the category that matters most: World Championships.

The only things that don't belong here are non-pertinent posts and statements that avoid the FACTS.

As for calling me a homer...ha. The stats. say I posted a FACT. You can ignore that fact if you want to, but you seal your own fate if you do.

MLB ERA
    What is the point of posting a thread with no meaning? That's exactly what this thread is doing, because a hit streak isn't even really newsworthy.
    Why does this thread have no meaning? Joe D's streak is seen as one of the great feats in all of sports and this is the closest anyone has got in a while. And it isn't even really about that. It was really about the baseball purists that are going to say Rollins' streak shouldn't count.

And "saber-geek" garbage...what is that? I think I am pretty open to non-SABER thoughts. In fact, I happen to disagree with some "Saber-geek" thinking, such as the idea that clutch hitting doesn't exist. I think it does exist.
    You pound out OPS like it's your job. That's not even the point, I'm a fan of OPS, I think ISO is a great stat for determining how many runs a guy is going to drive in. It was about you randomly piping in with a saber stat in a thread where it doesn't belong. That's why it's garbage.

As for talking about teams in the cellar, should that really be something you mention considering you are a Mariners fan? At least the Reds are near the top in the category that matters most: World Championships.
    I don't see your point. I never mentioned the Mariners once in this thread. This was a thread about Jimmy Rollins and you throw in a stat for a Red for no good reason.

The only things that don't belong here are non-pertinent posts and statements that avoid the FACTS.

As for calling me a homer...ha. The stats. say I posted a FACT. You can ignore that fact if you want to, but you seal your own fate if you do.
    Your FACT (I appreciate you capitalizing it, I wouldn't have gotten your point across had you not, please bold it for me next time too) had no place in this thread. I love FACT's. I'm about to go study some FACT's for my math exam tomorrow. I may go make a FACT sandwhich in a second. I don't know what that is, but boy do I love FACT's.

MLB ERA
    "I don't see your point. I never mentioned the Mariners once in this thread. This was a thread about Jimmy Rollins and you throw in a stat for a Red for no good reason."

You mentioned Reds and the cellar together(which isn't even true this year), so I brought the Mariners' past into the discussion as well.

MLB ERA
    "I don't see your point. I never mentioned the Mariners once in this thread. This was a thread about Jimmy Rollins and you throw in a stat for a Red for no good reason."

You mentioned Reds and the cellar together(which isn't even true this year), so I brought the Mariners' past into the discussion as well.
    What was I thinking? So if I had ATLien or someone who was a fan of a winner post this your argument would be.....

Not that it really even matters. I never brought up the Reds. You did. I never brought up the Mariners. You did.

MLB ERA
    What was I thinking? So if I had ATLien or someone who was a fan of a winner post this your argument would be.....

Not that it really even matters. I never brought up the Reds. You did. I never brought up the Mariners. You did.
    If you brought the Braves in I would say the same thing. Look at their number of World Championships.(And I wouldn't say what you said to fans of teams with more World Championships either, such as the Yankees, Cards, Red Sox).

MLB ERA
    If you brought the Braves in I would say the same thing. Look at their number of World Championships.(And I wouldn't say what you said to fans of teams with more World Championships either, such as the Yankees, Cards, Red Sox).
    Alright. I'll stop posting in the same thread as you because my team hasn't won as many championships. Congratulations.

By the way, you're holier than thou attitude sucks. You really come off as an obnoxious prick.

MLB ERA
    Alright. I'll stop posting in the same thread as you because my team hasn't won as many championships. Congratulations.

By the way, you're holier than thou attitude sucks. You really come off as an obnoxious prick.
    That top line makes no sense. I just responded to what you said about the Reds being a cellar dwelling team.

As for the second line; whatever you say. You've always disliked me and even when I try to stay on friendly terms with you(such as asking you to play ATH), you either don't respond or respond with a rather rude "No."

Go ahead and place me on ignore if you want to. I actually take it as a compliment that some make comments about me such as your second line. All of the best writers and broadcasters in the country get more hate directed at them because they are often more controversial. I say what I believe and use facts to support that. I also have high moral standards and values(which many on this board bash me for). It's not my problem that they apparently don't have any dignity.

MLB ERA
    That top line makes no sense. I just responded to what you said about the Reds being a cellar dwelling team.
    You brought up the fact that I was a fan of the Mariners just because I pointed out that the Reds were near the bottom of their division. I was just wondering what your argument would be if I was a fan of a perineal power.

As for the second line; whatever you say. You've always disliked me and even when I try to stay on friendly terms with you(such as asking you to play ATH), you either don't respond or respond with a rather rude "No."
    Yeah, I'm really not a nice guy, and I'm very rude, any of my friends would tell you that. I usually try to stay pretty pretty sarcastic on here, but I really don't pretend to like people that I don't, I've found out that it's better that way. I never asked you to stay on friendly terms with me, so I really don't care if you don't anymore.

Go ahead and place me on ignore if you want to. I actually take it as a compliment that some make comments about me such as your second line. All of the best writers and broadcasters in the country get more hate directed at them because they are often more controversial.
    I don't use the ignore feature, and I couldn't anyway because you're a mod. I'm glad that you took it as a compliment, maybe I'll throw a few more comments like that you're way since you like it.

MLB ERA
    "Yeah, I'm really not a nice guy, and I'm very rude, any of my friends would tell you that. I usually try to stay pretty pretty sarcastic on here, but I really don't pretend to like people that I don't, I've found out that it's better that way. I never asked you to stay on friendly terms with me, so I really don't care if you don't anymore."

It's good to at least hear the truth. Is there really even a reason for you to respond to anything I post other than that you are looking for an argument?

MLB ERA
    It's good to at least hear the truth. Is there really even a reason for you to respond to anything I post other than that you are looking for an argument?
    You keep responding to me so I'll keep responding to you. I do enjoy arguments though.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast