Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rollins hit streak

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    What is the point of posting a thread with no meaning?
    What's it to ya? I can give you several threads started by people like joek that are mind-numbingly pointless compared to this thread. Its a message board, people come here to get their baseball thoughts off of their chests. Who are you to judge their worthyness?

MLB ERA
    No more so than someone else judging me for posting a pertinent stat. about Felipe Lopez being a much better SS than the "Hit King" himself, despite the hitting streak.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AAA ERA
    I think its funny how you've contributed 8 posts (out of 17 so far) to a pointless thread in your eyes.

Banned
    ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    What's it to ya? I can give you several threads started by people like joek that are mind-numbingly pointless compared to this thread. Its a message board, people come here to get their baseball thoughts off of their chests. Who are you to judge their worthyness?
    And all anyone needs to do is read your posts to find 500+ useless, meaningless, attacking other posters with your dribble nonsense.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I would also put an asterisk next to Rollins' mark if he breaks Rose's NL record or even Dimaggio's 56 over the course of two seasons. It's like a Tiger Slam (or Serena Slam) that didn't happen in one calendar year; while it's a great achievement, it's just not the same.

AAA ERA
    Thanks Joe. You post is the pot calling the kettle black, but I'm sure that went right over your head.

MLB ERA
    Why is Felipe Lopez name in this thread?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    Why is Felipe Lopez name in this thread?

Because CRF felt the urge to start another argument.

MLB ERA
    Because something meaningless was posted. I wouldn't have made the "sarcastic" reply had one by the same individual not been made directed toward me in the "Cy Young" thread. An eye for an eye.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Because something meaningless was posted. I wouldn't have made the "sarcastic" reply had one by the same individual not been made directed toward me in the "Cy Young" thread. An eye for an eye.
    What did I say on the Cy Young thread that was sarcastic?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinersFan87
    What did I say on the Cy Young thread that was sarcastic?
    You got rather defensive about me using the fact of inherited runners counting toward Willis' ERA. The fact is, the statement I made was accurate, yet you decided to jump in with a comment that would seem to have indicated you felt otherwise.

MLB ERA
    You got rather defensive about me using the fact of inherited runners counting toward Willis' ERA.
    Uhhh no. That isn't what happened. You said Dontrelle blew the game. I said that Todd Jones blew the game.

The fact is, the statement I made was accurate, yet you decided to jump in with a comment that would seem to have indicated you felt otherwise.
    Ha. That pisses you off enough to come troll in my thread?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    This is by the way. A rundown of what happened: A thread was started, an argument ensued, multiple posts have been exchanged, both sides take a break to go to sleep, both wake up and continue the argument. Overall, it's quite amusing.

MLB ERA
    I didn't troll. I posted a stat. comparing a SS who has a hitting streak to that of a far superior SS. Whether you like that I brought up Lopez' name or not isn't the issue. I used a stat. to compare him to another NL SS, so it certainly couldn't be considered trolling.

The idea of Willis blowing the game was a matter of interpretation. I say he did since the tying Runs were charged to him, therby ending the lead. I consider that "blowing" the game. You didn't agree, but you didn't have to make a comment that was subjective cause you to make a comment as though the situation were objective instead.

MLB ERA
    I didn't troll. I posted a stat. comparing a SS who has a hititng streak to that of a far superior SS. Whether you like that I brought up Lopez' name or not isn't the issue. I used a stat. to compare him to another NL SS, so it certainly couldn't be considered trolling.
    What you did was the definition of trolling. Posting a stat comparing Lopez to Rollins in a thread where it has no place just because Lopez is a Red is without a doubt trolling. Take off the glasses.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast