Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Around the Horn (9/15)

MLB ERA
    Sell you cant make the playoffs if your pen cant hold a lead which eliminates the Mets, and the Nationals have had one of the best years in their franchise (include the time as Les Expos) but they are dead last in runs scored, and its not even close to the San Francisco Giants (571-597), they are last in team batting average, Last in team RBIs, and next to last in SBs to guess who Billy's boys in Oakland. You could run Gibson, Koufax, Drysdale, Pedro, and the Rocket out there in their primes and not be able to make the playoffs with that pathetic of an offense.

Btw has Cristian Guzman found the Mendoza Line yet?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    ++++ plus a bonus point for the Guzman Crack....

Were off to get rid of one and with 20 Ghetto any last words.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Were off to a Sudden Death Race to the Chase....a shortened version of the showdown...One Topic battle to the death.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Last Night there was a slight war of words concerning the MVP Chances of David Ortiz. Here are the Statements

``I'm just trying to break the rules,'' Ortiz said. ``As soon as they bring my name up they said. `Oh, he's a DH. I don't think he deserves it because he's a DH.''' That's fine with me. I never saw anybody win the MVP because they won the Gold Glove and hit .230. You win the MVP because you help your ballclub, you win games whenever your team needs it and because you put up some numbers.''

Josh Towers had another idea...

``They don't go through the grind other guys go through defensively, diving after balls, chasing balls. If you make an error, it might affect you but if you're a DH, you don't go through any of that,'' Towers said. ``You just hit. As good a hitter as he is, and he's one of the best, no question, I could never vote for a guy who doesn't do play defense.''

Who do you think has the better idea? Towers or Ortiz. Ill let you two battle it out. You only get one post.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    There's no doubt that Ortiz deserves the MVP. To go along with his .297 overall average and 42 HR's, 130 RBI he is hitting .343 with runners in scoring position with an OPS over 1. This guy has simply been the best hitter in the AL, and the most clutch hitter in the league this season. I'd argue against him, but I don't feel anybody has been more valuable to his team than David Ortiz.

MLB ERA
    How can you argue that Big Papi is not an MVP candidate? .297, blowing away the field with 130 RBIs, AL leading 42 HRs, 2nd in OPS .999 (thats Slug+OBP), He is like Barry Bonds and can single handly will a team to a victory and changes the outlook of EVERY game. Who is this Josh Towers and who cares what he has to say. MVP stands for Most Valuable Player, not Most Valuable Player.. who plays on the field everyday.

No player in the American League is more valuable to a team that Ortiz, its not even close. The only other players in his domain are Albert Pujols and Barry Bonds.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

The General has decided to award this one to Slyder.

Argument arbitrated.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Slyder wins! Face time, baby. Git'r done.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Upon Futher Review.....I had to go to the booth. General said Slyder...im going to go with a Tie....

MLB ERA
    Man I like this shorter ATH, only 2 Hrs instead of 3-4. I like to send out a wait til next year speech to the Cubs fans every where, you get rid of Dusty and you solve 2/3 of the problems the other 1/3 is that gah awful pen .

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

After reviewing the play...the ruling on the field is overturned. General is charged with a time out. The ball is spotted at the Witlon 46 yard line...First down, Witlon!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, congrats to Slyder. Fit it in with time nicely, thanks for the opertunity to argue some baseball.

Alright, that's gonna do it for tonight...two winners on the night!

See you on the flipside..HORN ME!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234