Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here he comes to ruin the last month of the season...it's Barry!

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    right, so if some players used steroids and now they basically can't, what makes people think they won't use HGH since they can't test for it?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Well until proof comes along, we won't know for sure and everyone will have their doubts.

MLB ERA
    my point is that it's a possibilty; that's all.

MLB ERA
    Here is some info on it.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/thiel/237251_thiel19.html

Almost certainly, there are players using human growth hormone, as well as newer generations of "the clear," the designer steroid exposed in the BALCO scandal. Both are undetectable by currently permitted testing. But I still wouldn't call users of performance-enhancing drugs bad guys, nor all of their achievements spoiled, by behavior that not only wasn't proscribed by baseball until 2003, but was tacitly encouraged by fan-driven market forces of the game.

http://www.hgh-supplements-guide.com/

Human Growth Hormone, or HGH, which is chemically known as Somatropin, is actually a protein that is composed of 191 amino acids. Most of the body’s organs and systems depend on the hormone, in some way, to function. The pituitary gland is the site of human growth hormone creation. Somatropes, which account for more than fifty percent of the pituitary gland, actually produce HGH.

Human growth hormone peaks during adolescence and then decreases dramatically thereafter. For example, at the age of 40, production is about 40% of what it was at the age of 20. This decreasing trend continues with age. Physical effects associated with this significant decline include an increase in body fat and anxiety, and a decrease in general well-being. It is for these very reasons that HGH supplements have become so popular.

Human Growth Hormone Benefits
    Human growth hormone can stop some of the effects of aging and reverse some of its biological effects. For example, in many cases, users of HGH supplements experience improved brain functionality, weight loss, a rejuvenation of the skin, enhanced energy levels, the potential for significant muscle development and an increased sex drive.

Side Effects of Growth Hormone
    For all of positive effects of human growth hormone, there are a number of possible negative side effects of supplements of which potential users should be aware. Low blood sugar (called hypoglycemia) and improper thyroid function are the two most common. Other side effects include diabetes, enlargement of the heart and/or kidneys, and high blood pressure.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I got your point and you can think what you want. The thing that ticks me off is when people try and say these allegations are fact when it is opinion. A's are losing

MLB ERA
    I was joking when I said Bonds was, that's why the face...by possiblity I meant for every player, not just the 2 candidates I suggested. Yes, the A's are sucking lately.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I know buddy. Wasn't referring to you, just stating what makes me angry about this situation whether it be Sosa, Pujols, or whoever.

MLB ERA
    Baseball been barry barry good to me

MLB ERA
    How do you simulate a game for Barry Bonds? Do you walk him three times and let him launch one into the bleachers? -Will Carroll
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

MLB ERA
    ESPN is reporting that he'll be activated on Monday.

Rookie ERA

Well.

Believe me, I could care less is the man comes back this year (or at all). But at least with him coming back, I won't have to watch Pedro Gomez come on Sportscenter every morning and talk about meaningless Bonds info. Now I'll have to watch Pedro Gomez talk about how amazing Bonds' double last night was.

MLB ERA
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2164465

"I'm going to be skinny," said Bonds, who weighed 185 pounds as a rookie in 1986 but has not been near 200 for many years.

Such a drop is hard to imagine for the imposing Bonds, who steps into the batter's box with his body armor and proceeds to crowd the plate. But doctors have told the San Francisco slugger he must lose weight to protect his fragile knee, which required three surgeries since Jan. 31 and sidelined him for most of eight months.

Considering the way Bonds has been aching after his first four starts, he is likely to listen.

"I want to get my legs strong again," Bonds said in an interview Friday night with The Associated Press and MLB.com. "Hopefully I'll train hard all winter. I can hit it, but I don't feel like I feel when I'm strong. I can tell out there. I'm older now. It's harder."
    hmmmm....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12