Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Around the Horn (8/10)

++++

Providence?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Sell. I think the AAA PCL South leading (2nd best record in all of AAA) could beat these chumps. The A's rolled them in the last 2 games of their recent series (16 - 1, 11 - 0)...combined that was the most runs scored in 2 consecutives wins ever for the A's. The Royals should be contracted...along with the Yanks if they don't make the playoffs!

++++

Ghetto?

MLB ERA
    29th in ERA, 22nd in BA, 24th in runs. These guys are a AAAA team. My grandpa, who lives in KC, is scared to death cause the royals suck, and then the chiefs are looking to go 9-7 in the upcomming season. its getting unreal in KC. Go for the BBQ, stay away from the sports.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

++++

Time to talk about prospects, and who better to begin with than King Felix. Dominant in his 2nd start...buy Felix as the rookie with the most potential in the league. Around the Horn to Ghetto.

MLB ERA
    Buy. he went 8 innings, striking out 6 and only throwing 94 pitches. this guy is for real, he's got nasty stuff.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

+++

Slyder?

MLB ERA
    Lets see what he can do in the heat of a playoff run... if Seattle ever sniffs the playoffs again.

There seems to be this guy in the National League, General you should know him, he plays on the team in your avatar and right next to the guy in your sig.

Hitting .432 as many Runs Scored as Games Played 22 RBIs in 21 Games. Whats his name....

Oh yes Jeff Francoeur. Hes doing all this in the heat of a playoff run and has stepped up to take some pressure off of Andruw Jones. This is only going to make him better long run.

Its easier to come into a place with low expectations in the win column but to come up and do what Francoeur has done in the heat of a playoff run makes him my pick for most upside.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

++++ and a Homer Bonus +

Providence?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Sell...because he's only 19 and he's already at the major league level starting?!?! That's a little young...even Huston Street is older and I didn't think the A's should have brought him up this year. At least Street is a reliever and won't be taxed as much as Felix could be. It's not like the Mariners are in it, why not wait until next year and let him mature some more? The potential negatives outweigh any positive the Mariners could gain right now. Just seems a little hurried to me no matter how good he is.

+++

Tally time now...

Well, there's a tie for 2nd place between Ghetto and Providence...which means you both LOSE and Slyder WINS! Face time baby, enjoy it.

MLB ERA
    Two great mistakes are coming back tonight. Raffy Palmerio and Rodgers fo the Rangers both saw their suspensions end tonight. Both should be out for even longer and message sent that stupidity will not be tolerated and cheating will no longer be tolerated.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Alright...that's going to do it for tonight folks..we'll try to do better next time. We'll see you Friday, Around the Horn!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123