Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Post Season

Rookie ERA

Re: 2015 Post Season

Quote Originally Posted by LJMets1989 View Post
    What does my team losing have anything to do with the ruling on that play? It's a run regardless. The fact that the ball hit his arm and not his glove shouldn't matter. He got into a position where he could have caught the ball and then muffed it. That, in my book, should be an error every time. If it was a pop up that he muffed and let hit his arm, you'd call it an error, no? So what's different here?
    Sometimes emotions come into play more than objectivity, that's all. An arm not even raised in a position to catch a ball which was misread and somewhat backed off of would never be an error in my book.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Tobywan View Post
    Perhaps the difference in what is condescending and what is stating a fact is in the beholder. Look somewhere else for the bullshit, it didn't come from me.
    We're all baseball fans who obviously know what an inside-the-park home run is.

It's obvious from the context of what Prov and LJM were arguing that they were saying it should have been ruled an error.

Defining what an inside-the-park home run is, as if they were not already aware, is what was perceived as being condescending.

You could have simply argued why you don't think it should have been ruled an error as they were arguing and left out the belittling definition of what an inside-the-park home run is. (which, by the way, isn't as simple as you posted because an error on the play negates the statistical accomplishment)
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Rookie ERA

Now who's being condescending? I did explain it. At least I didn't feel the need to curse out anyone out over this issue.

MLB ERA

Now who's being condescending? I did explain it. At least I didn't feel the need to curse out anyone out over this issue.
    My parenthesis was incorrect. I missed the part where you still allowed for the calling of an error.

But nevertheless the condescending tone came from explaining the rule we all know and the same post could have been made without said tone, that's all I was saying.

And sure, Prov used a curse word in response but he used it once in the middle of a sentence, he wasn't calling you curse words so "curse out anyone" may be a bit of hyperbole here.

Rookie ERA

I didn't really care about you being condescending, Leo, you re-edited. There has been a lot of it here over the years between almost everyone and very few have been admonished for it.

Bottom line is I didn't resort to the cursing, Prov and you did and again a lot worse that goes on and not often reigned in so not sure why this got picked out.

Sorry, but this seems selective to me, not sure why.

MLB ERA

I didn't really care about you being condescending, Leo, you re-edited. There has been a lot of it here over the years between almost everyone and very few have been admonished for it.

Bottom line is I didn't resort to the cursing, Prov and you did and again a lot worse that goes on and not often reigned in so not sure why this got picked out.

Sorry, but this seems selective to me, not sure why.

I didn't re-edit. I deleted after I realized I missed the portion of your initial reply that allowed for the error, which completely negated the entire response I initially made.

And I'm not being selective. I'm simply highlighting what Prov was referring to as being condescending.

Yeah, he was harsh in response....he typically tends to be....but he was also responding to a condescending tone so sometimes people tend to turn the heat up even more when they read that.

All I was saying with my first reply is that, contrary to what you said, people shouldn't expect a condescending tone just because they post something "Deserving of it".

Prov didn't curse until after the fact.
    Last edited by HollywoodLeo; 10-29-2015 at 08:26 PM.

Rookie ERA

World Series Game 3:

The series heads to Asgard....er.. New York, New York. Eleven teams have come back from a 2-0 deficit to go on and win the World Series, including the 1986 Mets.

Line-up:

Escobar SS
    Zobrist 2B
    Cain CF
    Hosmer 1B
    Moustakas 3B
    Perez C
    Gordon LF
    Rios RF
    Ventura P
    Granderson RF
    Wright 3B
    Murphy 2B
    Cespedes CF
    Duda 1B
    d'Arnaud C
    Conforto LF
    Flores SS
    Syndergaard P

Yordano Ventura (13-8, 4.08) will be the third Domican born starter for the Royals in the WS. He hopes to keep the string going after good starts from Volquez and Cueto. He has a 5.09 ERA and .858 opponents' OPS in four starts this postseason, he managed to hold the Blue Jays to a run on four hits in 5.1 innings. He will make his ninth career postseason start, just one fewer than Steve Avery for the most for a pitcher before the age of 25. The key will be to keep his emotions in check he mouthed off at Angels center fielder Mike Trout, sparked a benches-clearing incident against the White Sox, beaned Athletics third baseman Brett Lawrie, served a seven-game suspension, and then in July, he and his 5.19 ERA were optioned to Triple-A.

KC has hit .330 this postseason with runners on base, 98 points higher than all other teams combined (.232).

Noah Syndergaard (9-7, 3.24) who will become the third-youngest Met (behind Dwight Gooden in 1986 and Gary Gentry in 1969) to start a World Series game. He'll do it in front of the home crowd. His average fastball velocity of 97.4 mph is tied for first with the Yankees' Nathan Eovaldi, and Ventura's 96.8 mark ranked third.

Michael Conforto in the line-up instead of Juan Legares, going with offense over defense. Conforto is 0-for-5 in the series and 1-for-20 overall in the
    postseason.

Lucas Duda is hitting .444 (4-for-9) in this World Series. The rest of his Mets teammates are hitting just .129 (9-for-70).

NY pitchers have struck out just 10 Royals batters in 21.1 innings this series (4.2 K/9) with a .253 BAA. In the NLDS and NLCS, Mets pitchers struck out 91 batters in 80 innings (10.2 K/9) with a .206 BAA.

MLB ERA

Mets looked good last night. Syndergaard was a beast.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Rookie ERA

With the Mets win they won't have to try to be the first team in history to come back from a 3-0 deficit in the WS, but a first did happen last night.

Raúl Adalberto Mondesí (son of ex-MLB player Raul and current mayor of San Cristóbal, DR) became the first player to make his ML debut in a World Series. Dad never even got to WS. Downside was, he struck out.

Rookie ERA

World Series Game 4:

This is the 86th time overall and the 12th time in the last 16 Series that the count has been 2-1 after three games. Overall, the team carrying the lead into Game 4 is 42-43. Of those 42 teams that grabbed a 3-1 lead, 36 of them won the title, including the past three occasions. Of the 43 times that a team has knotted a series at 2, 24 have won the championship. The Royals, were in the same spot against the SF Giants last year but lost Game 4 before the Giants went on to take the title.

Line-up:

Escobar SS
    Zobrist 2B
    Cain CF
    Hosmer 1B
    Moustakas 3B
    Perez C
    Gordon LF
    Rios RF
    Young P
    Granderson RF
    Wright 3B
    Murphy 2B
    Cespedes CF
    Duda 1B
    d'Arnaud C
    Conforto LF
    Flores SS
    Matz P

Chris Young (11-6, 3.06) will be going on short rest, he pitched three scoreless innings in Game 1. He has a 1.45 career postseason ERA in four games (2 starts) as he faces his former team who has held to a .136 average with 14 strikeouts.

Steven Matz (4-0, 2.27) didn't go the distance to get a decision in during his last start in the NLCS, he has never faced any of the batters on the Royals roster. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Matz entered this postseason with the second-fewest starts of any pitcher in history, six, one more than the Phillies' Marty Bystrom when he started Game 5 of the 1980 NLCS.

Alcides Escobar has hit safely in his last 13 postseason games. Only Manny Ramirez (14 in 2004) and Marquis Grissom (14 in 1995) have had longer streaks in a single postseason.

David Wright was 2 for 11 through the first two games of the World Series and had a .171 average with three RBI in 11 playoff games before he launched a two-run shot in the first. He is 1 for 10 against Young.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Cespedes with the PUIGBLAN to end the game. Haha.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy Bastard View Post
    Who the fuck is Daniel Murphy?
    The guy who just cost the Mets the World Series, probably.

Rookie ERA

World Series Game 5:

Royals have a 3-1 lead in the series, they could end it tonight. Will the Royals take the crown or will the Mets come back again?

Line-up:

Escobar SS
    Zobrist 2B
    Cain CF
    Hosmer 1B
    Moustakas 3B
    Perez C
    Gordon LF
    Rios RF
    Volquez P
    Granderson RF
    Wright 3B
    Murphy 2B
    Cespedes CF
    Duda 1B
    d'Arnaud C
    Conforto LF
    Flores SS
    Harvey P

Edinson Volquez had a quality start in Game 1 with the entire stadium trying to stay mum about his father's death until after he finished pitching. He allowed three runs and six hits in six innings.

Matt Harvey went six innings in Game 1, he settled after a rough start retiring eleven straight at one point but gave up a two run lead that eventually became a 14 innings marathon.

Once again no change batting line-ups other than pitcher.

Alcides Escobar, hitting .375 this postseason. Salvador Perez enters Game 5 batting .412. Wade Davis threw two innings and 27 pitches in Game 4, becoming the first closer since Mariano Rivera in 2009 with multiple six-out saves in one postseason. Lorenzo Cain and Eric Hosmer are batting a combined .156 (5-for-32) with nine strikeouts and no extra-base hits in the World Series.

Mike Conforto emerged as the new Met hero with two home runs in last night's contest, but the Royals rallied after previous hero Daniel Murphy couldn't corral a slow hopper off Eric Hosmer's bat leading to the tying run.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Hosmer is a miserable hitter.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

That hit notwithstanding. Come on Royals, time to Broxtonize Familia again.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast