Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Palmeiro suspended!!!!!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Palmeiro suspended!!!!!!

Raffy Palmeiro will be suspended for 10 games for testing positive for performance enhancers. Its a breaking story on ESPNNews. He is appealing but this is all I know. If true, this is a great disappointment as I have loved to watch him hit all these years.

AAA ERA
    You beat me to it. Here's an article:
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseb...tm?POE=SPOISVA

This greatly changes my opinion of him.

MLB ERA
    So if this is definetely true, not only did he cheat his way to 3,000 hits and 500 HR's, but he also lied to Congress. Sweet. I liked Raffy, but if Pete Rose can't get into the hall because he placed some bets, then there is no way that a cheater should get in.

AAA ERA
    I have never intentionally used steroids. Never. Ever. Period. Ultimately, although I never intentionally put a banned substance into my body, the independent arbitrator ruled that I had to be suspended under the terms of the program.
    I hate this line. How about a little personal responsability?

When the story changes from "I never used steroids" to "I never knowingly used steroids." You know he's lying. As soon as the story changes, the jig is up. Its like talking to a little kid about who broke the window. As soon as their story changes you can tell they're making it up.

Our society has completely lost its sense of personal responsability.

MLB ERA
    I'm sure this is only the tip of the iceberg.

We will soon all learn to appreciate what players who are natural do, such as Griffey.

They respect themselves and the game enough not to use steroids. They are also much classier.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinersFan87
    So if this is definetely true, not only did he cheat his way to 3,000 hits and 500 HR's, but he also lied to Congress. Sweet. I liked Raffy, but if Pete Rose can't get into the hall because he placed some bets, then there is no way that a cheater should get in.
    actually, before you make that statement, you should wait to hear what he actually tested positive for. considering most of the stuff that is banned is stuff you or I can buy at GNC and stuff.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Aha! **** you Raffy, in that case.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Griffey is natural?
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by rockin500
    actually, before you make that statement, you should wait to hear what he actually tested positive for. considering most of the stuff that is banned is stuff you or I can buy at GNC and stuff.
    So if its a banned substance, but not a steroid, then that makes it okay?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    Griffey is natural?

You think he uses steroids and has been using them since he first entered the league?
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinersFan87
    Do you think they should take Gaylord Perry's bust out of the Hall of Fame then, since he was a known cheater and thrown out for using everything from a spitter to Vasoline in the glove or on his hat?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    i'm confused lol
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

We don't know if he was banned for anabolic steroids or vitamins that had traces of banned substances or whatever.

Still, nothing good can come out of this for Palmeiro and he just found the one way to ruin this HoF reputation that was building up for him. I'd still vote for him 1st ballot, but you can pretty much guarantee all the people who were begging for an excuse to justify not voting for him have it now.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    We don't know if he was banned for anabolic steroids or vitamins that had traces of banned substances or whatever.
    Raffy referred to steroids as the reason for his suspension in the press confrence.

Rookie ERA
    If all these players cheated (Sosa, Bonds, and Palmiero). The best Homerun hitter should be Ken Griffey Junior.

*NOTE TO MLB* If players tested positive for taking Performing Enhancing Drugs erase thier stats like it never counted. For example McGwire, Bonds, Palmiero, and Sosa cheated thier way to history, and it shouldn't count. If these players never took steroids they wouldn't of been as good as Robinson, Murrary, Mays, Ruth, and Aaron.***

I do not think Griffey took them, so I think he is better then those 4 active power hitters.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast