Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn: MLB Edition (8-3)

Mofo alone at the top with 23; Wilton has a mediocre 19; Bipster with a solid 21; Redsrbetter with a mediocre 19 as well. So...the lone man tonight is...Redsrbetter! Marlins ain't taking jack. Last words?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Who me? I forgot my freakin' name. You aren't talking to me, are you?

Well...with 2 rounds in the books, the standings look like this:
    Mofo-23
    Bipster-21
    Wilton-19

Redsrbetter-19 (He gone)

We go Out of Bounds when we return.

It's time to head Out of Bounds.

And today's topic is once again steroids. It's a pretty simple question though: To what extent have steroids tarnished the game of baseball? It's wide open. Take advantage. Horntime.

Mofo, start us off.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I will play devil's advocate and say steroids has not tarnished the game of baseball as some might think. As many hitters might say, steroids does not help hitters to improve their batting eye or hit the ball to the right sides of the field. Look at some of players that were caught by the baseball drug policy. It's obvious Ryan Franklin and Alex Sanchez are not big money players. If steroids were really the key to performance, why don't we see bodybuilders like Ahnold out on the field? Gabe Kapler is a well-known bodybuilder, and how many MVPs has he won?

++++

Bipster?

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    In the fans eyes steroids have tarnished baseball by maybe 10%, the attendance is at an all-time high, broadcasting revenue is at an all-time high, and there is more parity this year in baseball as evidenced by how many teams decided that weren't out of the race and thus decided to not be sellers at the trade deadline. With or without steroids, baseball is still Americas Pasttime

+++

Witlon, ya need the points.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yeah. I have to say that steriods has done alot to tarnish the image of the game. Look at Palmerio, he has been national news the last 2 days. Most of the casual fans have to be thinking, "If this guy, a hall of famer is doing it, what's to say everyone else isn't doing it?" Selig dealt with this all wrong and a month ago people were embracing a cheater by the casual fans standards. Casual fans make money, and when they see guys on steriods, they're not coming to the ballpark.

++++

Tally time now...and the lone man is...the rookie, Witlon! Sad to lose ya..Last words?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, it's been fun guys, don't let Realm win...

We take a quick commercial break, and when we return..it's showdown time.

Showdown..where two men dive out of an air plane and one forgets his parachute.

First up..Indians exercised third baseman Aaron Boone's $4.5 million option for the 2006 season. Is Aaron Boone worth the money? And will he do anything else to be remembered by, 2003 ALCS walkoff HR off Wakefield not included? Around the Horn to Bipster.

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Sorry it took so long, I just witnessed a ceremony in Cooperstown. Boone does deserve to be resigned, and at that price it's on the cheep. Boonie is still not fully healthy from his knee surgery, as evidenced by his first two months. but in the last 47 games Boone has hit a respectable .298 with 6 homers, he is currently a shell of his former self, but he will be back to do great things

Realmofo?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast