Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bonds doesn't expect to be ready

MLB ERA
    Under the MLB's current policy, any one who is in the MLB (read: anyone being paid) will be subject to one mandatory test each year and random tests in the offseason.

I can't find the article on ESPN discussing it because ESPN is bloated and its search system doesn't provide the best organized things, but that's the *current* policy.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Yeah no one cared to pay attention when I said it as well. He has been tested this year and so far you have heard nothing which means he tested negative.
    Sure he's clean. This year, assuming he's getting tested (which is debatable). And we didn't get a chance to see how this would effect his numbers. Conveniently.

Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    Under the MLB's current policy, any one who is in the MLB (read: anyone being paid) will be subject to one mandatory test each year and random tests in the offseason.
    Well ok ... I'll buy that.

I am certain there was some sort of medical supplement to that rule, and it was itemized in an article while the baseball guys were testifying before Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    I can't find the article on ESPN discussing it because ESPN is bloated and its search system doesn't provide the best organized things, but that's the *current* policy.
    Well, you're right about ESPN's site navigation ... same as NFL.com's - totally crappy.

Regardless of whatever the rules are, I think Bonds is cheating. And I think he of all people was the most relieved when the entire BALCO thing was swept under the rug.

MLB ERA
    The problem with most of the stuff discussed in the Congressional hearings is that so much of it was of the current policy and so much of the new proposed policy that it all just sort of blended together and it's become hard to distinguish which parts are actually in existence and which parts will be.

Though I don't see why it'd be beneficial to not let injured players be tested, but hey. That's why I can definitely see your point as possible, but I haven't seen it stated anywhere.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    Sure he's clean. This year, assuming he's getting tested (which is debatable). And we didn't get a chance to see how this would effect his numbers. Conveniently.
    Yeah three knee operations is real convenient. He will be back. Then if his numbers are slightly worse, you will jump on his ass and call him a cheater. There is no way for him to clear his name.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12