Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Palmeiro suspended!!!!!!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    He said he tested positive because of "something I got from a teammate." But what other Orioles could possibly take steroids...

Seriously though, if we are to believe Raffy he should come out and say what he tested positive for and why he was taking it. Of course, he won't because MLB probably has some stupid rule prohibiting it and because nobody else has, but that's what he should do.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Then the next year he hit 23 homers. In 1991 he hit 26 homers. This is a sign of a guy who find out how to hit in the majors and got better every year, not one who took roids.
    I wish I could live a day in your world. Listen, buddy, where theres smoke, theres a fire.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    So you aren't gonna try and explain the 26 homers he hit in 1991 before Canseco came? Interesting, not a shock but interesting. Yeah come to my world, its call reality.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    So you aren't gonna try and explain the 26 homers he hit in 1991 before Canseco came? Interesting, not a shock but interesting. Yeah come to my world, its call reality.
    Wow, 26 homers in a year. Everybody run.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

The 26 HRs are significant.

OK, I think Canseco is right in this case as much as the next guy, but reefer has a point. He, like many other players, gained power as he went through his 20's. Almost every player in his early 20's does not have HR power. I know in the minors, Jeff Bagwell wasn't seen as a power hitting prospect and he has a whole lot in his career. I know the Fishercats leader has something like 12 HRs and he's at the AA level at around 24 years old. After he got to Texas, his progression went as such

24 years old - 8 HR
    25- 14
    26- 26
    27- 22
    28- 37
    29- 22* (Strike Year)

From then on until last year, he hit at least 38 HRs a year.

That progression does not seem abnormal to me. He consistantly rose his HR counts as he entered his prime (which for many players is 28-30 years old) and at around 30, he leveled off until he got older and started to decline. He lasted longer than most players and there are theories abound for that, but the progression isn't that bad.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    People made this same argument with Mark McGwire, neglecting the fact ath he hit a hell of a lot of homers when he was a beanpole.

Rafael Palmeiro is worse than Hitler. But not as bad as Generalissimo.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    Rafael Palmeiro is worse than Hitler. But not as bad as Generalissimo.
    HAHAHA Generalissimo = The Pol Pot of S3F.

..He won't make the avatar....!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123