Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: World Baseball Classic

MLB ERA
    I was under the impression that he was born in DR. But I looked it up, and he was born in New York. Forget what I said then.

AAA ERA
    I wouldn't have a problem if he was born or raised there but he was not, born here and raised here. It's despicable what's he doing and I hope this isn't swept under the rug and fans across the VCountry(and yes even at Yankee Stadium) let him hear it.

AAA ERA
    I think its a great idea. I'll support anything that will increase baseball popularity. As for A-Rod, I'd be disappointed to see him put on another country's uniform. You should be honored to play for the country that you grew up in and allows you to play a kid's game for a living. Guys like Vlad Guerrero, and Miggy Tejada didn't grow up in the US like A-Rod. Did A-Rod ever have citizenship in the DR? I mean if that's the case than a guy could go and play for any country from his family lineage.

As for the potential for injury, all of the owners will have insurance on the contracts while they're playing in the tounament, and it wouldn't be that much different than them getting hurt in Spring training. Sure, some guys are probably going to get hurt, but this tournament is in the best interest of baseball in the long run.

MLB ERA
    The one flaw with the baseball classic is that United States can easily field two teams that are superior to every other nation in the world.

And the Alex Rodriguez bashing can be extended to any player who was born outside the US. Get off it.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

MLB ERA
    One of the reasons A-Rod can become a Dominican Republic player is that he has Dominican Republic citizenship.

AAA ERA
    And the Alex Rodriguez bashing can be extended to any player who was born outside the US. Get off it.
    Really? Alex was born HERE not in the DR sol how is it the same as say a Pedro Martinez who was born and grew up there?

MLB ERA
    There are more relevant things to baseball and life than calling Alex Rodriguez a traitor to the nation for wanting to play for the Dominican Republic in a baseball tourney.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

AAA ERA
    There are more relvant things in life than watching baseball but why do we do it? It's complete BS what this moron is doing.

obviously when you look at a team like the Dominican Republic, why wouldnt you want to play on a team with players like Tejada, Ortiz, Manny Ramirez, Aramis Ramirez, Alfonso Soriano, Vlad Guerrero and Jose Guillen. I mean i couldnt even think of a lineup with those guys....... Soriano, A-Rod, Tejada, Ortiz, Manny, Guerrero, Guillen. The only problem would be finding a catcher from the DR to play. And besides Pedro and Colon, what other guys would pitch? I think the US would have a tough time making the championship game.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    There are more relvant things in life than watching baseball but why do we do it? It's complete BS what this moron is doing.
    ... playing for the country he wants to play for is BS?

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    ... playing for the country he wants to play for is BS?
    When it's not his Country YES. This isn't like being a FA, he should be playing for HIS home Country. He is NOT Dominican, he is AMERICAN- a United States citizen, Born here, raised here. It's absolutely insulting to me(and should be for all Americans) that he would choose to play for another Country.

MLB ERA
    Actually, I'm pretty sure he IS Dominican, otherwise he wouldn't be able to play for them.

MLB ERA
    LOL, Americans just want A-Rod to play for them.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    Actually, I'm pretty sure he IS Dominican, otherwise he wouldn't be able to play for them.
    He's not, his Mom is which gives him citzenship there but he was born in the US(in NYC actually) and grew up in the US.

LOL, Americans just want A-Rod to play for them.
    That has nothing to do w/ the reason I am annoyed w/ him. I couldn't care less if he played for the American team but if he is playing he should be playing for his home Country.

MLB ERA
    Who cares. His parents are Dominican and he is a citizen of both countries. Let him play for his real nationality.

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast