Thread: My Park is better than your Park...

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

MLB My Park is better than your Park...

How Different Are Major League Baseball Fields?

Saw this while browsing the tubes of the internet.

Shows some interesting aspects about current major league ballparks.

MLB ERA

Re: My Park is better than your Park...

Interesting how different they are.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The oddities of the different parks really do add to baseball's charm. Outside of fans, there is little to differentiate the playing area for most other major sports and luckily, to keep things interesting over a 162 game season, baseball isn't that way.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Outside of the large foul territory, there's nothing interesting about the Oakland Coliseum...not much interesting about the A's right now either

Rookie ERA

In reality almost every park is better than my park. Though people do seem to have misconceptions about the Trop, it may look like a UFO on the outside but the actual viewing and sightlines on the field are awesome. It rains more then out-of-towners think it does in central Florida (and South for that matter) and why a covered or retractable would be a must. Though that would depend on if anyone ever decides they will build the Rays a new one since Sternberg has thrown down the gauntlet of a potential hostage situation.

One of my favorite things to experience though at other ball parks is the "personality" of the fans, though there are the usual shticks that occur at many parks there is always those distinct nuances that take place only between the fans and their team.

MLB ERA

We saw a suspended game at Target Field and I was very impressed with it. There are no bad seats in the place, although from the outfield seats, it is difficult to see plays at the wall below you. The "jumbo-tron" is amazing, and huge. The scoreboard is also amazing.
    They got it right.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon