Thread: Dusty Baker strikes again

MLB ERA

Dusty Baker strikes again

DUSTY BAKER DESTROYS AROLDIS CHAPMAN'S ARMS WITHIN MINUTES OF ARRIVAL

CINCINNATI—Within just a few minutes of Cuban pitcher Aroldis Chapman's arrival in the United States, Reds manager Dusty Baker had already overused and mangled the 21-year-old's arm beyond recognition, team sources reported Sunday. Baker, who has been accused of overtaxing young pitchers' arms in the past, reportedly greeted Chapman with a bucket of 250 baseballs and told him to "hurl them" as fast as he could, later encouraging the fastballer to "go nuts" with his pitching style. "He didn't even let me stretch out first," Chapman told reporters through an interpreter. "And when I started to wince from the pain and soreness, he just gave me a thumbs up, winked, and told me to keep throwing." At press time, Chapman had already been to the hospital for an oblique strain, a torn rotator cuff, and his second Tommy John surgery of the week.

-The Onion

Dusty Baker Destroys Aroldis Chapman's Arm Within Minutes Of Arrival | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

I <3 The Onion
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Dusty Baker strikes again

I wonder how many would believe that was true, just by reading the first sentence or two, if they didn't know it was from The Onion.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I figured this was a thread stating the reds signed someone like Doug Mientkiewicz to eat into Joey Votto's playing time. Not that you could rule this out though, Baker hasn't really made one of these moves yet.

I wonder if Mark Prior and Edison Volquez are holding prayer sessions for Aroldis?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

I wonder how many would believe that was true, just by reading the first sentence or two, if they didn't know it was from The Onion.
    Haha that's why I posted it like I did instead of just putting the article link in there
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Must have been Dusty Baker's fault that Rob Nen had to retire, and Jason Schmidt sucking.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Swaer, I was abit nervous reading through it. Yet reserved because I knew this would have been much bigger news. Phew...

For the record, I contend that Volquez did this to himself. His mechanics just aren't sound. When his body begins to move toward the plate, his throwing arm is almost at a 90 degree angle with his hand, holding the baseball, pointing at the ground. Instead of having his arm straight or up a bit. This causes a lot of strain on the elbow.

Hopefully the Reds look into it during his rehab sessions.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    For the record, I contend that Volquez did this to himself. His mechanics just aren't sound. When his body begins to move toward the plate, his throwing arm is almost at a 90 degree angle with his hand, holding the baseball, pointing at the ground. Instead of having his arm straight or up a bit. This causes a lot of strain on the elbow.
    You mean like this, as demonstrated by the poster child for "sound" mechanics?