Thread: Giving Baseball Thanks 2009

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Baseball Slant Giving Baseball Thanks 2009

I am thankful that the writers got both MVP and Cy Young winners correct for the American League and National League.

Sammy Sosa is thankful that he is still alive. (Link)

Joe Morgan is thankful that Tim McCarver exists, as without him, Joe would never be seen as the lesser of two evil's of baseball stupidity.

Tim McCarver is thankful that Joe Morgan exists, as without him, Tim would never be seen as the lesser of two evil's of baseball stupidity.

Mariners fans are thankful that Ken Griffey Jr. will eventually wear a Mariners cap into the Hall of Fame, and that it will hopefully come sooner than later so they can free up a roster space for actual production.

Albert Pujols is thankful that he is Albert Pujols and that you are not and will not ever be as awesome as he is.

The Steinbrenners are thankful after years of investing bigger than ever in the Yanks, that their investment finally paid off with another ring.

Pirates fans are thankful that there is always next year, even if the probablity that next year will be as bad they still have the hope of the unkown.

Andruw Jones is thankful that he can still play up past success to get a job in Major League Baseball (signed with the White Sox this week.)

Dodgers fans are thankful that neither Frank or Jamie McCourt are immortal and eventually, one day, they will be rid of both.

And Alex Rodriguez is thankful that he can finally tell loudmouth fans to shut the hell up after he came up with big hit after big hit in the 2009 postseason.

---

Anyone else got baseball thanks for today?

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Giving Baseball Thanks 2009

Mark McGwire is thankful that he has a beautiful wife, a new job as bench coach for St. Louis, and that he still doesn't have to talk about the past.

MLB ERA

Albert Pujols is thankful he can enter hibernation mode and receive routine maintenance before rebooting for the 2010 season.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Guys, I"m not a machine.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Brad Penny, John Smoltz, Jose Contreras, and Pedro Martinez are thankful for the N.L.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.