Thread: US Cellular

MLB ERA

White Sox US Cellular

I've been to a few White Sox/Cubs games, mostly at us cellular. I've also been to a few Yanks/Sox games there as well, and then seen a handful of random teams too. Best part about cellular before the 2005 WS was how easy it was to get good seats. Even after '05 I can remember having club tickets on more than one occasion.

- Parking is a giant pain in the ****ing ass if you don't have a pass-- it's easier to take the train.. and they recently fixed up the station by the park too I think.

- Food is ok, they have funnel cake and churros and tamales as well as all of the normal shit (burgers/hotdogs/fries/pizza/beef sammy/etc..) and some other junk like that. Ice cream, frozen ice, all of that... red rope I think. Cotton candy probably. Honestly, the food beats wrigley by a mile on variety alone (and taste).
    We sat in the club seat once and waiters bring you the food, which is pretty wild. There was even cantelope and weird shit on that menu. You can order up a sandwich and not even get up though. The people working the counters were all friendly too.
    Prices are still pretty high for food there... and some of the stuff I remember having ate over the years came in really small portions..

- Seating seems weird, but that's probably cause I'm used to sitting in the same seats at Wrigley every year. It's a lot better than the old spaceship in terms of seating anyway.

- It's clean inside. There's batting cages and a bunch of weird shit for kids, a good amount of shops, and probably a few restraunts. I never bothered to go in any of them really. There's also fireworks after the game sometimes.

- Inside of the club area is insane... there's a full bar and everything in there, in addition to carpet and couches and flat screen tvs and food stands and anything else you can think of.

- I never pissed there, so I can't comment on the bathrooms. They probably smell no worse than any other ball park bathroom, and probably a little better than Wrigley. Like I said asshole, the park's pretty clean.

Hope you enjoyed my virtual write-up of us cellular field. I'll leave you with a picture I took at one of the games I went to. I don't think we had club seats, but we were pretty close to the field. They faced the Angels I think, but who knows honestly. It was before 05'.. maybe as early as '02. It was dog day.

stadium rating: 88/20032
    figure that one out smart guy!

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: US Cellular

thanks for the review. if I ever go to Chicago for a game, I'd like to be able to go to both stadiums in the same trip. do the Cubs and White Sox play home games on the same trips or do they alternate them (i.e. when one is home, the other is on the road).

Re: US Cellular

Comiskey sux and the are that it's in (15 blocks from where I live) sux too. Oh, and the red line that goes there ****ing blows (or is it the green line, I would look it up but I don't give a ****.)
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic