Thread: Why Mike Francessa is the most Infuriating Radio Host to Listen to

MLB ERA

MLB Why Mike Francessa is the most Infuriating Radio Host to Listen to

I was stuck listening to Mike Francessa, for those of you who don't know, he's a long time radio host on WFAN in New York, and a well known Yankees fan. The problem is that he's an arrogant ass who thinks he knows everything, when in reality he spews information he pulls straight out of his ****ing ass.

First Francessa is saying that the Mets should look to trade Jose Reyes, not even demanding a pure ace, looking to get a "good not great" haul. Ridiculous. I know I've had this conversation on here before, and I know the guy's been in the league a while, but he's 25. He makes mistakes, but he is still one of the best SS in the game.

Then, Francessa goes on to say that while Reyes is a talented player, he is "nothing but a clown, a talented clown". I'm sorry the guy likes to have fun, but for you to call the guy a clown because of mistakes he makes. Yes, they cost a team, but who the heck doesn't make mistakes. The following caller brings up Reyes' defense, and Francessa goes on to say that Reyes is an inferior defensive SS to Jeter, and that Jeter is a better player and always will be. Which is kinda ridiculous.

Francessa's next argument is that Rollins is a much better player, and is better (right now). This is obviously ridiculous because of Rollins' .205 batting average.

Finally, he claims that Reyes is not only the worst of the 3 SS's in the NL East (Rollins, Reyes, Ramirez), but that Omar Vizquel was just as good a SS last year that Reyes is this year, and that Tulowitzki, Escobar, and Renteria are more of the class that Reyes is in.

The guy is an obnoxious asshole. He thinks he knows everything, when in reality he doesn't even realize how crappy Rollins has been, or how stupid his arguments are. In fact, Francessa finished the segment with the following quote:

"You're another guy, a 25 year old Met fan who can't own up to the fact that Reyes has to grow up. That's the bottom line, Reyes isn't the best ANYTHING, and he's never won ANYTHING. And ya know what, the guys who hit in the division aren't as good as him defensively (Rollins and Ramirez). I mean, you couldn't go to Philly, they wouldn't TAKE Reyes for Rollins, and obviously in Florida they wouldn't take Reyes for Ramirez. You've got two guys in the division you couldn't trade him for straight up, the guy's just not that good. He's never won anything, he's not going to be a winner. But there's the young Met fan who thinks that Reyes can do no wrong, which is why Reyes has done nothing but lose in the big spot. That's why you've got guys chanting about Reyes when he loses, because they think he's a clown. The Cardinals did it in 2006 with the Jose song. He's a clown. He's a very talented clown, but a clown. Guy never makes big plays, and he runs the bases like he's never been on the bases before."

I'm not even going to run down all the stupidity in here, but basically, you've got a radio host insulting his callers, making facetious arguments, and making up his mind that a star player in his market is a "clown". I'm not quite sure why Francessa still has his own show, or why they haven't given him a partner to get him to shut up once in a while.

Sorry, just had to vent my frustration about how TERRIBLE this guy really is.

MLB ERA

Re: Why Mike Francessa is the most Infuriating Radio Host to Listen to

He's a shock jock.

No difference between him and that other idiot that insulted Rutgers.
    No difference in this idiot and that other idiot who ESPN gave a tv gig to.

His job is piss people off. Pissed off people tune in, ratings= job done.

You want to make him irrelevant then have everyone you know simply not listen to his garbage.

Ya I doubt that Fla or Philly would trade for Reyes but the Mets would be fools to trade Reyes. It would be the ultimate white flag of surrender by the Mets and NY would revolt.

It be like the Reds trading Votto for a "good but not great return" shear stupidity.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

You have a point, and his ratings have supposedly fallen since his partner left the show last year. It just annoys me that we even have "shock jocks", because, well, all they do is annoy.

Personally, the radio host I can't stand is that Kyle Bonn fellow. Who does he think he is?

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

you say you were stuck listening to him, but don't explain why or how. pop in a CD. change the station. or just turn it off. I don't get it

MLB ERA

Fair point Prov. It was like a car crash. So freaking stupid, I couldn't turn it off...

MLB ERA

oh, so you're one of those rubber necking drivers that will gladly cause an accident on the other side of the road because you wanted to "see what was going on" over there. you belong in RI or MA with those kind of driving habits.

seriously, I don't even listen to the radio anymore. occasionally, I'll turn on the local traffic/construction update on AM if something is up, but otherwise I just fill up the CD deck.

MLB ERA

Haha, exactly. Although, I don't actually drive often.

Actually, I was home, and I was watching him on the YES network, which simulcasts his radio show.

MLB ERA

oh, then what I originally said doesn't apply I guess as I thought you were in the car. you could have changed the channel, popped in a DVD, played a video game, or any number of things instead

MLB ERA

You're completely right. But he's still stupid.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
    Personally, the radio host I can't stand is that Kyle Bonn fellow. Who does he think he is?
    Hey now. I'll get Dan Patrick on your ass. He'll light you el fuego
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

It's "en" fuego.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Patrick started out by calling players "El Fuego," which is "the fire," on air until a spanish teacher corrected him.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    oh, so you're one of those rubber necking drivers that will gladly cause an accident on the other side of the road because you wanted to "see what was going on" over there. you belong in RI or MA with those kind of driving habits.
    So true, MA is home to 40% of the nations dumb drivers, I literally drive with the idea that everyone else is out there to kill me. So far, I have a clean record (knock on wood)

As for annoying radio hosts, have you listened to WEEI? They are Boston based, and normally do their Yankee bashing but they also understand a lot about MLB in general and don't say rival players suck. (Unless its Jeter's defense or the Yankee Bullpen)

Next time your home on your computer go to weei.com and listen live. I think you'll enjoy it
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs