Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: World Baseball Classic 2009

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: World Baseball Classic 2009

With any luck, this game goes 15 or 16 innings, ends in a tie, and Bud Selig cries again.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Base hit to left but couldn't get the run in! 1st and 3rd with 1 out...I expect a double play here.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Okay, this is kind of crazy that they're sending Darvish back out there. He pitched in yesterday's game. And he threw so many pitches in the 9th inning tonight.

MLB ERA

Congrats to Japan. They're ridiculous. Yu Darvish's pitches are almost unlike anything I've ever seen. SO much movement, without sacrificing velocity. If he gets a little more control, he could be absolutely filthy.

Congrats to both these teams though, they both are really talented, and deserve this.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

I was impressed with the Koreans' approaches at the plate. They were seldom fooled by any pitches -- perhaps that's because this was the 5th game between these 2 teams in this tournament.
    The Japanese team is very solid, fundamentally. They have some excellent hitters and are not afraid to play "team" baseball. There are no "stars" that out-shine the rest of the team.
    As to Yu Darvish, he needs to throw his change-up more. He only threw it once last night and got a strikeout with it. He has 2 plus "out" pitches, IMO to go along with his plus fastball. Are those 3 pitches enough to make it in the bigs, or does he need to develop a curve?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Korea should have walked Ichiro, terrible and fatal mistake. Dice K wins the MVP award again going 3-0. Congrats to Japan on what turned out to be a good WBC. They still have a lot to work on to make it better like making the games closer together and getting better players in there from the USA. Not bigger names, better players.

MLB ERA

Here are the top prospects from the WBC, according to BBA: http://www.baseballamerica.com/onlin...09/267914.html
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213