Thread: Its Not Getting Any Better For ARod

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

News Its Not Getting Any Better For ARod

The New York Daily News reports that Alex Rodriguez "has had a long relationship with a steroid-linked trainer who's been banned from major league clubhouses."
    According to the newspaper, trainer Angel Presinal "was banned from private areas of every MLB ballpark after an October 2001 incident involving an unmarked gym bag full of steroids" and "accompanied" Rodriguez for the entire 2007 season while staying with the "cousin" who allegedly was his steroid source from 2001-2003. It took less than a week to cast serious doubt on Rodriguez's claim that he ceased using steroids in 2003 and there's no doubt that this is only the beginning of further investigative reports.
    Looks like we will be plagued for a long, long time with this story. Arod did a lousy job in his press conference in confronting this issue and it doesn't look like anyone is willing to take him at his word anymore. Let's see if ARod has the focus that Bonds had while under such scrutiny.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Its Not Getting Any Better For ARod

It also looks like the drug ARod said he got over the counter was not legal in the DR.
    Primobolan, drug Alex Rodriguez used, not available for legal purchase in the Dominican Republic - ESPN

MLB ERA

So, not only did he give a vague, shitty apology, but the majority of it was lies?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    It also looks like the drug ARod said he got over the counter was not legal in the DR.
    Primobolan, drug Alex Rodriguez used, not available for legal purchase in the Dominican Republic - ESPN
    Wait a minute...I heard that the Daily News sent someone to the Dominican Republic and it took them 2 minutes and $19 to get the same steroids A-Rod did. They have got to be legal if it took them so little resources
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Looks like someone got their facts wrong though the report does say testosterone was legal and Arod did test positive for that. Maybe that's what they meant?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Ever see a star plummet to Earth? If not, it might be a good idea to keep your eye on this story as ARod's career will never be viewed the same way again. So many commentators tried to put a good spin on him being so "open" and coming out to admit "all guilt" early and before spring training started. Fans might have forgave him if the supposed truth he spoke was true, but if we find out with certainty that he was lying when coming clean... expect a lot of boos for a long time.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I want to see the decibel level on the boos ARod gets in Boston.

MLB ERA

Ever see a star plummet to Earth? If not, it might be a good idea to keep your eye on this story as ARod's career will never be viewed the same way again. So many commentators tried to put a good spin on him being so "open" and coming out to admit "all guilt" early and before spring training started. Fans might have forgave him if the supposed truth he spoke was true, but if we find out with certainty that he was lying when coming clean... expect a lot of boos for a long time.
    nobody's going to forgive him. he's screwed, IMO.
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I hope George has the Mafia on Speed Dial.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.