Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can the Nationals win the NL East?

AA ERA

Can the Nationals win the NL East?

The Nationals have just been playing some good baseball lately. Their pitching has been very good and the hitters have been solid. I wonder if they can keep this up. They were in the same position in recent years where they would lead the WC race and then fade. They are going to have to get another bat I think and I am not sure if MLB is going to authorize the team to spend. I think they will have a good year, but I doubt the Nationals are a playoff team. I can't see them keeping it up. I think Atlanta or Florida will find a way to win the division with the runnerup winning the wildcard.

I just think Florida and Atlanta are better teams.

At least, the Nationals will be in D.C. for a very long time and they don't have to go play in PR and Montreal. Sooner or later, there will be a new owner for that team and I think next year, they could be contending not only for the division, but maybe a World Series berth.

ERA
    Call NASA
    The nl is so weak, almost any team is a playoff team. Each team will have their ups and downs. Playing in one consistent ballpark has surely helped the Nationals. Yes, they can win that very, very weak division.

MLB ERA
    Weak division? The NL East is one of the best divisions in all of baseball.

I think they can win the division. Remember, they still are playing without Vidro. I do think they are getting some good luck right now, but if they can keep their starters healthy then they should be in the pennant race until the very end. I like their chances. Then again, I like the Phillies, Braves, Met, and Marlins chances as well. Anyone can win it. To me, that is the sign of a strong division because it is so competitive.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Competitiveness doesn't not mean strenght. It can, but does ensure strenght. The nl as a league is weakl, with the nl east possibly being the weakest in baseball.

MLB ERA
    I think they can, they are a pretty good team.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by joek
    The nl is so weak, almost any team is a playoff team. Each team will have their ups and downs. Playing in one consistent ballpark has surely helped the Nationals. Yes, they can win that very, very weak division.
    ATLien, its best to just ignore him. He qualified the NL East as weak so that some unsuspecting poster would call him out on it, so he could then make reference to the Yankees and the AL East, and some how squeeze the Win Method into a conversation where it has absolutley no relavence. Childish...

5 Sharp teams in the NL East. I'm, rooting for the Nationals to hold off Philly. Both teams have a great chance at winning the division. I think the Braves will definitely get knocked off this year, but thats not really going out on a limb at this point. Go Nats!

AA ERA
    The NL West is even a bigger joke, joek. Padres has been struggling so badly yet they are still in first. Arizona and LA can't seem to take advantage of it. Giants stink, but they are still in the race remarkably.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    The NL is so weak, they have the best overall interleague record. Man that is weak. Get real dude.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    The Nationals have a good shot. They have decent pitching but their offense needs to pick up. Vidro coming back will help and having Spivey as a backup will be good in the long run. Hopefully Drese will get better and Cordero needs to hold up over the rest of the season.

It all depends if their pitching keeps it up. They have done astoundingly well and I lambasted their moves in the offseason, but if guys like Livan, Cordero, Loaiza, Patterson, Drese, etc. keep pitching, then they have a great shot in a division no one wants to command.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

NL east-THE division to beat in baseball. I'll betcha no other division will have a better combined W-L record, outside of perhaps the NL Central, because it has more teams.

Hell, if the Nats win it, I'll cheer them on in the playoffs. For now though, as has been for the past decade +, the Braves are the favorite.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    NL east-THE division to beat in baseball. I'll betcha no other division will have a better combined W-L record
    I couldn't agree more.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    ATLien, its best to just ignore him. He qualified the NL East as weak so that some unsuspecting poster would call him out on it, so he could then make reference to the Yankees and the AL East, and some how squeeze the Win Method into a conversation where it has absolutley no relavence. Childish...
    TO EVERYONES ATTENTION: THE ONLY MENTION OF THE WIN METHOD IN THIS THREAD IS BY Hmark6.

ATLien, I posted what I believe, the nl East is very weak, as is all the nl.

The reference to 'childish' by Hmark6 must be to him describing himself. He brings something into the post that was mentioned by no other poster, and then blames another poster. Truly childish. More important, factualy childish.

Well, thanks for your opinion that the NL east is weak. Do you have anything to back that up with?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    why do you say the NL in general is weak? back up your comment.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast