Thread: How Fox Sports ****ed Me Over

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Rays How Fox Sports ****ed Me Over

As many of you know, I went to Florida this past week and one of the most anticipating moments for me was getting to see the Rays play the Twins at home. I have never been to Tampa/St. Petersberg and have never witnessed an all AL game so I was pretty excited. Saturday finally comes and it just so happens this is the game the Rays can finally clinch a playoff spot. So my friend and I are about to leave to go to Tampa Bay from Ft. Myers which is about a two hour trip. We planned on leaving around 1pm so we could get there in plenty of time. Then my friend's girlfriend calls and says she wants to go to Tampa to visit a friend but she doesn't get off till 4pm. We decided we could wait and still get there in plenty of time since the time on my tickets and the website said 7:10pm. We should be fine.

The three of us arrive at the ballpark only to see signs that say "Sold Out". We were shocked. I was sure the two of us would have doubled the attendance. As we see the parking lot full, we also didn't see any people. This was a cause for concern. As we get closer and closer to the gates, still no people. We thought that maybe there was something special going on before the game. Boy, we couldn;t have been more wrong. We walked in and it was the loudest shit I ever heard. My jaw dropped as I looked at a TV saying it was bases loaded and in the 5th ****ing inning!!! Turns out Fox bought the rights to the game and moved the game up three hours so they could broadcast this nationally. I was running around to see what the **** was going on. I paid good money for good seats only to miss half the ****ing game!! On top of that, we only had two innings to get drinks. If that weren;t bad enough, my friend pulled out his camera only to find out his batteries were dead. So there we were after the game with the Rays celebrating their franchises first playoff berth and not one picture was taken. Players were squirting champagne on all of us in our section but could not capture the moment. It was great to see but would have rather saw everything and got to enjoy it. Fox owes me some tickets or a ******* refund!! How the **** is a man from KY supposed to know the game was moved up? The website and tickets gave the same ****ing time!! **** Fox and everyone affiliated with it!!

MLB ERA

Re: How Fox Sports ****ed Me Over

Dude, you got sprayed with champagne by the Devil Rays. You got ****ed, but they announced this a few days earlier, so you kind of had a chance to check in advance. It happens every so often. Again, you got ****ed, but you got sprayed with champagne. That's SICK. I'd pay good money just for that
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

It was awesome to get that and to hear the fans in that dome. I have never heard anything that loud in my life. I saw maybe two Twins fans there. But to miss 2 1/2 hours of that feeling and get ZERO pictures sucked balls! My heart actually fell out of my ass!! I ordered three ****ing beers right when I got my seats and ordered two more when it was last call. I was planning on drinking that before the game!! I did get a sharp Longoria jersey shirt and got a newspaper copy of the Rays clinging that they were handing out in the 8th inning. Seeing the Rays celebrating like a little league team was truly a joy but I did not see Dick Vitale in the madness. So many hot hispanic women too!!! All in all is was good but I got ****ed out of a great day of baseball.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I ordered three ****ing beers right when I got my seats and ordered two more when it was last call.
    Be thankful this didn't happen to you in San Diego. They don't let you order more than two at a time.

(No quips about possibilities surrounding the Padres clinching a playoff spot, either. )
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I would have punched the mother ****er if he said no!! I was ****ing pissed!!

Rookie ERA

Bring MLB to Vancouver...

"Vancouver Canadians" [just picture it] I can only see success with that combination
    2014 Vancouver Canadians 9 - New York Yankees 8 - BlackBerry Stadium, Vancouver