Thread: Bonds in 10 Days?

MLB ERA

Free Agent Bonds in 10 Days?

If a team signs Barry Bonds now, his agent said he could be in its lineup by the end of the month.
    "Give him 10 days to hit off live pitching, and he'll be ready," agent Jeff Borris told USA Today.
    Borris told the newspaper that Bonds continues to work out. He would be available to play this season because his trial date for perjury and obstruction of justice isn't until March 9, 2009.
    However, Borris told USA Today that he's not currently talking to any clubs about Bonds, who turns 44 this month.
    "I am not talking to any club about Barry Bonds," Borris said, "because they all made it very clear to me they are not interested in him. Every club.
    "I can't believe he doesn't have a job. No one has offered even the minimum salary. He made the All-Star team last year, and there's no reason to believe he wouldn't have a repeat performance in 2008, except for the conspiracy against him."
    In recent days, the New York Mets and Arizona Diamondbacks, who both have shortages in their outfields, have been mentioned as possible landing spots for the slugger, but both teams have denied interest.
    Unfortunately.......NO ONE CARES. Go home to your retirement. Get away from me. I am sick and tired of hearing about you. In fact, get a private home on an island far far away from the media, and live your life in secrecy. Because I can't stand you. And neither can all 30 teams in the MLB.

/rant
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Bonds in 10 Days?

If Lofton couldn't get work, Bonds definitely can't.

Re: Bonds in 10 Days?

It's more likely for him to start collecting unemployment benefits than collecting fly balls out in the field.

Simple English Translation: Get lost, Barry.
    Twins All-Time Record since the day I exist
    3,955 total games (1964-1991), .496