Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Biggest All-Star snubs?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Biggest All-Star snubs?

The players voted Tek in so I can blame them for thier stupidity. If the AL loses, they can only blame themselves.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    You must have not seen MLB's interview with Terry Francona last night, the one pick he made was Dioneer Navarro, so thats the only reason the AL has 3 catchers, you can't blame him for the fans' stupidity.
    Fans didn't vote for Varitek...

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    Fans didn't vote for Varitek...
    He did, however, get close to 2 million votes!

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    He did, however, get close to 2 million votes!
    band wagon nation my friend, band wagon nation

MLB ERA

Tek is one of the worst All-Star selections ever...truly a terrible, terrible choice. There's no need for 3 catchers anyway. Pick another player or pick a catcher who has OBP that is more than .300 and an average more than .220.

Sure it is, coming from a NE hater.

I think the biggest all star snub was Jason Varitek.

He should have been named the ASG MVP already, no?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFanatic View Post
    Whats the ****ing point of *****ing and moaning about who got the left out? It happened every ****ing year people, deal with it, Benji Molina didn't make it again, he should have made it last year aswell, I'm not ranting like you are Browntown, plus I bet you wouldn't be complaining if Tek wasn't wearing a Boston uniform.
    if it happens every year maybe the system should change like some of us are suggestion. i can't believe you think that browntown, one of the most impartial posters on this site, would actually SUPPORT Tek if he was in a Yankee uniform. even I think that selection is absolutely ridiculous. There is no way in god's name a player hitting almost on the Interstate should be in the ASG. Brown has every right to rant about this situation. If he hadn't, I would have. I exploded to my brother when I heard Tek made it with those numbers.

Tek is one of the worst All-Star selections ever...truly a terrible, terrible choice. There's no need for 3 catchers anyway. Pick another player or pick a catcher who has OBP that is more than .300 and an average more than .220.
    prov, I couldn't agree more. You said it perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan5689 View Post
    if it happens every year maybe the system should change like some of us are suggestion. i can't believe you think that browntown, one of the most impartial posters on this site, would actually SUPPORT Tek if he was in a Yankee uniform. even I think that selection is absolutely ridiculous. There is no way in god's name a player hitting almost on the Interstate should be in the ASG. Brown has every right to rant about this situation. If he hadn't, I would have. I exploded to my brother when I heard Tek made it with those numbers.
    It does happen every year, Griffey made it to the ASG in 04 when he only hit .250 while he was injured. And I did not say I expect him to support a Red Sox player, I'm just saying I find it rediculous that he is *****ing about this, because this happens every year, every year there is someone who deserves to be in the ASG then someone else. But for Tek from what I read he calls good games, thats why the players voted for him? Maybe there is more to what Tek brings to the table than what we see based in his batting avg and OBP? Maybe he's not a cancer in the clubhouse like AJ Pierzynski is known to be? After all I'm not a Major League baseball player, so the guys who voted know more about Tek than I do.

And I can see why teams want to use 3 catchers in the ASG, because if the game goes to extra innings, you wont be wearing out your catcher.

MLB ERA

prov, I couldn't agree more. You said it perfectly.

Guys the only reason the AL has 3 catchers is cause Francona used his one pick on Navarro, so he saw the injustice too...the players blew this one...period, for once the fans weren't the worst
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

It does happen every year, Griffey made it to the ASG in 04 when he only hit .250 while he was injured. And I did not say I expect him to support a Red Sox player, I'm just saying I find it rediculous that he is *****ing about this, because this happens every year, every year there is someone who deserves to be in the ASG then someone else. But for Tek from what I read he calls good games, thats why the players voted for him? Maybe there is more to what Tek brings to the table than what we see based in his batting avg and OBP? Maybe he's not a cancer in the clubhouse like AJ Pierzynski is known to be? After all I'm not a Major League baseball player, so the guys who voted know more about Tek than I do.

And I can see why teams want to use 3 catchers in the ASG, because if the game goes to extra innings, you wont be wearing out your catcher.
    OK. First of all, yes it happens every year. But not this bad. I have never seen such a poor selection before. I can totally see why he's *****ing. I would be. Second of all, who cares if he's a cancer in the clubhouse? It's one game, he's not gonna go off on anyone, and the ASG is supposed to be for the performers, not the nice guys in the league.

I agree, they need 3 catchers. Just not those 3...
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Sure it is, coming from a NE hater.
    what the hell do you care? go ahead, defend his selection. the rest of us will have a good laugh.

And I'd complain no matter what team had a player that crappy make it unless it was their only selection since everyone has to have 1. I don't care what team the guy is on. He has no business being there.

MLB ERA

OK. First of all, yes it happens every year. But not this bad. I have never seen such a poor selection before. I can totally see why he's *****ing. I would be. Second of all, who cares if he's a cancer in the clubhouse? It's one game, he's not gonna go off on anyone, and the ASG is supposed to be for the performers, not the nice guys in the league.

I agree, they need 3 catchers. Just not those 3...
    nah, let's just have the ANGG, All Nice Guy Game, as suggested. see, told you guys we should get rid of the ASG.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

But for Tek from what I read he calls good games, thats why the players voted for him? Maybe there is more to what Tek brings to the table than what we see based in his batting avg and OBP? Maybe he's not a cancer in the clubhouse like AJ Pierzynski is known to be?
    I can't believe I didn't see the light! Of course he should be an All-Star!

And if Varitek were the captain of the Yankees and best player in Yankee history, I would still go nuts over this selection.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

I agree Hamels should have made it....what about Santana too? I know Dempster has a lot of wins, but Santana's ERA, K's are better, the WHIP is .012 lower, and the other stats are similar. I'd go Santana over Demptser in a heartbeat, even if I wasn't a Mets fan.

CJ, how could you say that the players weren't the worst voters? Varitek should have been voted in as a starter. He has caught 4 no hitters!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast