Thread: Contraversial Kiss at Safeco Park in Seattle

Closed
    AAA ERA

Contraversial Kiss at Safeco Park in Seattle

On June 4th and user in Seattle went up to two lesbians and asked them to stop kissing because they were offending others in there seats which according to the women offended and the usher there were a lot of younger children around and the adults did not want to have to explain to the children why two females were kissing. The two women that were kissing were of course offended by being asked to stop showing there affection to each other and complained. It made it on local Seattle T.V. and now has been the talk of Seattle it seems. Today was the first I have heard of the incident and was wondering if others had even heard of it happening and if so what are your thoughts on the situation.

I have two thoughts on this situation. I have no problem of lesbians or homosexuals showing there affection for one another or even choosing that lifestyle to be together. My thing is why these two woman had to choose there seats at a Mariners game to have a makeout session. From the story it seemed that the two women in question were doing more than the peck kissing which to me is not something that should occur in the middle of the ballgame.

* I couldn't find any pics of the two women kissing, but here is one of the women standing outside Safeco Park.*

MLB ERA

Re: Contraversial Kiss at Safeco Park in Seattle

Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

I have no problem with the women here. I mean, if I had a girlfriend, and she took me to a Mets game, I have no doubt that there would be slightly less attention paid to the game on my part. They apparently like each other, and there's no rule or anything against it. Parents have to learn to be more accepting, because teens already are...my parents are much less accepting of others than I am, and that needs to change. Especially with something as stupid as this.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Kiss Cam, brought to you by Ellen Degeneres
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

I probably would have roundhouse kicked that usher in the face and told him to stop ruining my day, which would have been getting exponentially better at that point
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

*shrug* depends on what the policy is at the ballpark. ive seen girls kissing at wrigley before, and I've seen heterosexual couples do it (a lot more often). That said, there is a fine line between kissing and playing deep tonsil hockey.

If their guidelines say no PDA in the stands please, then the girls have no leg to stand on. Provided that the ballpark also enforces it (as they should) against heterosexual couples.

making out in the stands is not the thing to do. damned exhibitionists!
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    +1
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan5689 View Post
    I probably would have roundhouse kicked that usher in the face and told him to stop ruining my day, which would have been getting exponentially better at that point
    You probably would have been signed to play DH or 1B if you connected. This is the best news M's fans can come up with? No wonder we are pissed off all the damn time. Go STORM!
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

My biggest problem was that the people who complained seemingly only did so because it was a homosexual couple. I'm straight, but I find that to be ridiculously unfair.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    My biggest problem was that the people who complained seemingly only did so because it was a homosexual couple. I'm straight, but I find that to be ridiculously unfair.
    That is unfair. If the people who were complaining were complaining that they were making out hot and heavy that is one thing, but just because they were lesbians and kissing it isn't right.

MLB ERA

My question, as someone said earlier was the true reasoning for the people who complained. If it was because it was 2 women, that's unfair. If they were being "inappropriate", then I guess I can understand it, but I don't think that's really a big deal either. Simply tell your kids "those two people love each other." that's all that needs to be done.