Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jose Canseco's back...

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Jose Canseco's back...

...and he's after A-Rod.

NEW YORK -- Jose Canseco says in his new book that he introduced Alex Rodriguez to a steroids distributor and that A-Rod pursued Canseco's wife, according to the Web site of freelance writer Joe Lavin.

Lavin says on the Web site that he obtained the book, "Vindicated: Big Names, Big Liars, and The Battle to Save Baseball," on Monday from a bookstore in Cambridge, Mass. The book is due to be released April 1.

Lavin writes Canseco's book discusses A-Rod, Roger Clemens and Magglio Ordonez.

He says Canseco claimed he didn't inject Rodriguez but "introduced Alex to a known supplier of steroids." Lavin also says "Canseco claims that A-Rod was trying to sleep with Canseco's wife."

"I really, absolutely, have no reaction," Rodriguez said Tuesday when asked about the claim relating to the steroids distributor. As far as the allegation regarding Canseco's wife, Rodriguez responded:

"I don't know how to answer that."

Canseco writes about the infamous June 1998 party at his house. Brian McNamee, Clemens' former trainer, has said Clemens spoke with Canseco at the barbecue and soon after approached the trainer about using performance-enhancing drugs. According to Lavin, Canseco wrote that Clemens did not attend.

Earlier this year, Canseco gave an affidavit to congressional investigators stating Clemens was not there and that he had never seen Clemens "use, possess or ask for steroids or human growth hormone."

Lavin wrote the Ordonez reference was "that old yarn of one player injecting another with steroids, possibly in the buttocks." Canseco and Ordonez were teammates on the 2001 Chicago White Sox.

The New York Times reported in January that Canseco offered to keep Ordonez "clear" in the book if the Detroit outfielder invested in a movie project promoted by Canseco, claims Lavin said Canseco wrote he denies.

Earlier this month, the New York Daily News reported the federal government was hoping to arrange a face-to-face meeting between Canseco and IRS special agent Jeff Novitzky, its lead steroids investigator, when his upcoming book tour stops in San Francisco.

Novitzky reportedly wants to talk to Canseco as part of the federal investigation into performance-enhancing drugs in sports. Canseco said in a sworn affidavit in January that he'd never seen Clemens "use, possess or ask for steroids or human growth hormone." The affidavit is part of the evidence gathered by the congressional committee looking at drugs in baseball.

Canseco, who will visit six cities while promoting his second steroids-related book "Vindicated," will be in San Francisco on April 9 and 10, where Novitzky is headquartered.

The book, to be published by Simon Spotlight Entertainment, was scheduled to hit bookstores on March 31. Canseco was scheduled to appear on ABC's "Nightline" on March 31 and the Howard Stern show on the day of the book's release.

It is the followup to Canseco's 2005 book "Juiced: Wild Times, Rampant 'Roids, Smash Hits and How Baseball Got Big." The book, which described his steroids use and implicated Mark McGwire, among others, rocked Major League Baseball.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Re: Jose Canseco's back...

Was Jose a traveling salesman in the majors back then?

Did he introduce everyone to steroids?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

From the way Cansexo puts it, he's the reason there was a Steriod Era in baseball.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I love this guy. He vouches for Clemens who has all the evidence against him and throws Arod under the bus who he has no evidence against!! God bless America

MLB ERA

I just find it funny how if Canseco writes a book, everyone will question his credibility, but when the authors of Game of Shadow wrote there book, everyone who criticized Canseco gave those guys the benefit of the doubt.

Turn 2

What I don't understand is why A-Rod and Mags was not outted in the first book, but Canseco put some well lesser know players in the first book. Was A-Rod and Mags not big enough to be brought up in the first book?

MLB ERA

He's such a fake. How can anyone believe someone who took, sold, and referred steroids? That's just ridiculous. This whole thing is a ploy for him to create controversy so he can get in the news and sell books. Bullshit. I hate him so much....
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Turn 2 View Post
    What I don't understand is why A-Rod and Mags was not outted in the first book, but Canseco put some well lesser know players in the first book. Was A-Rod and Mags not big enough to be brought up in the first book?
    That's exactly the reason they weren't in the first book. It's a huge marketing ploy. He's an idiot.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan5689 View Post
    He's such a fake. How can anyone believe someone who took, sold, and referred steroids? That's just ridiculous. This whole thing is a ploy for him to create controversy so he can get in the news and sell books. Bullshit. I hate him so much....
    Well he distributed them, so he has more credibility than suppose someone writing a book claiming someone took roids.

And if those names are false why dont any of those athletes have made an attempt to file a lawsuit against him?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83 View Post
    And if those names are false why dont any of those athletes have made an attempt to file a lawsuit against him?
    Because they're a bit busy doing their job: playing baseball.

Turn 2

I don't know if all the athletes in Canseco's books have used Steroids or not, but there is no denying it that Canseco is writing and selling these books from monatary gain and publicity. He just didn't wake up one day and say I am going to try and save baseball and rid it from the evils of steroids. There was something he had to gain out of this and it was publicity and monatary gain. What is also funny is Canseco has also been trying other outlets of getting publicity by going on these Semi-Celeb(B-Rated Stars) Reality Shows.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan5689 View Post
    Because they're a bit busy doing their job: playing baseball.
    Sorry dude but that's not an excuse. Every ballplayer has an agent and a lawyer. Players don't have to do shit. Schilling has already come out and said if Canseco says anything about him, his lawyers will eat Jose alive.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83 View Post
    I just find it funny how if Canseco writes a book, everyone will question his credibility, but when the authors of Game of Shadow wrote there book, everyone who criticized Canseco gave those guys the benefit of the doubt.
    Easy.

The authors of Game of Shadows were investigative reporters working on the Bonds case and supporting a widely believed claim.

Canseco is talking about something that no one else seems to suspect, with no evidence to support his claim.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I think people suspect all players of using something. Sadly, its the world we live in. Still no evidence.

MLB ERA

True, but what I'm trying to say is lots of people believed Bonds used steroids when Game of Shadows came out. It's not like there was a lot of A-Rod steroid talk when Vindicated came out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast