Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which team has impressed you? Which team has not?

AA ERA

Which team has impressed you? Which team has not?

With two months of baseball in the books, give me a team that has impressed you, suprised you, and unimpressed you.

I am pretty impressed with the Rangers. Buck Showalter has again done a very good job. He and Lee Mazzilli has to be the top two candidates for Manager of the Year. Texas continues to do it with smokes and mirrors with that pitching staff. I think Texas has something in Chris Young. He has a chance to be a great pitcher. I saw him made him debut against the Red Sox at Fenway last year and he was pretty darn good that day. Their bullpen has been solid considering they lost Almanzar and Rodriguez for the year.

Orioles have suprised me. I know they were going to be a .500 team, but for them to be at first place is pretty impressive after two months. I gotta give them credit. They find ways to win. Can they keep it up? I don't know. Injuries and pitching worry me. Still they deserve credit for being there.

I thought the Cubs would be a lot better than this. Cubs are just a mess. They are struggling and now they got guys finding ways to get hurt. You have to wonder if this will be Dusty Baker's last year.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Nationals, without Vidro and Patterson, and Wilkerson slumping, they're still hanging in competitively.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

AA ERA
    Frank Robinson has done a great job with that team since he was their manager. I am glad the Nats have kept him. I have no idea why DK hates him. DK laughed at me last year when I called for Frank Robinson to manage the Mets. Robinson would have done a very good job with the Mets.

I would have to split it between the White Sox and Orioles. Both clubs pitching staff are playing way over their heads.
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Don't forget about them Blue Jays. They are not out of the hunt yet. Shea Hillenbrand has been a big pick up for them and Eric Hinkse is finally hitting the ball again. Roy Halladay has been the best pitcher in the AL so far and this coming after a terrible 2004 with injuries. Towers and Chacin have been great too. The big shock is how good Migel Batista has been at closer.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Most impressed with the AZ team (yuck). After that wacky off season, everyone (except Kruk) picked them to be in the cellar. They actually have looked good so far. Unloading RJ was the BEST move they could have made.

Least impressed with the Giants. I wanted them to contend so badly without the Bonds just to prove a point: that one man does not a team make. But they let me down......also unimpressed with the Angels lack of big bang offense, yet they keep winning. I was expecting great action both offensively and defensively with their outfield line up. Finely has barely shown up and has had sporadic moments. Vlad goes and bangs up his shoulder. GA in the last few games has seemed to be less than motivated and sluggish. They gotta kick it up a notch or two if they wanna stay in front of that TX team....
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'll agree on the Diamondbacks... both Halsey and Vazquez... especially Vazquez... are pitching great ball, and they picked up Shawn Green for Navarro... they made a killing on that deal... as of right now. And the Troy Glaus signing is proving to be a decent enough one.

Not impressed: Yankees, but that may be homer anger, or something. Cubs are disappointing too, that's a good call... but that's really hugely due to injuries. They walked into the year with closer questions and corner outfield questions... now they have 4 spots in their rotation being question marks (outside Zambrano, and even he's hurt now too... Rusch is pitching good ball, so for now we'll make Zambrano the 4th question mark), and at least 4 in their lineup. I'll go DRays here. I know, they probably weren't expected to do much better than 3rd... if that... but they have so much youth and speed, I was expecting more. Kazmir and Dewon have been complete disappointments so far... and BJ Upton starting the year at AAA was a disappointment, for at least me.

1st round draft pick voodoomon1jd's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Other than the Orioles, I have been impressed with The Rangers and White Sox.
    The Rangers have im my opinion the youngest and best infield in baseball, if Hicks keeps these guys together and develops or buys some starters for the rotation, they will be a threat for years to come. The White Sox style of play has been most impressive, the fact that they pull away with so many 1 run games and the way the put thier runs on the board, has me impressed and thinking they will not concede to the Twins this summer.

least impressive. Houston & NY Mets.

MLB ERA
    Most: Nationals, Orioles, White Sox
    Least: Astros, Giants, Cubs

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    How can you guys not be impressed with the Giants? Until the recent Pads series the Giants were contenders and still have a slim chance. All of this is coming without Bonds, Benitez, Schmidt and Alou for two weeks and other little things. Without these KEY elememts they are onlt 3 games under .500 and you aren't impressed? Its hard to win without your ace, best hitter in the game and your closer but the Giants have been doing it. Once people heard that Bonds was out, no one gave the Giants a chance and they surprised a lot of people.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Most: Jays, O's, Brewers, and Nationals

Least: Royals, M's, M's, M's
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    The A's have been utterly disappointing. I didn't think it was gonna be this bad.

The O's and White Sox have been a nice surprise.

MLB ERA
    the white sox the most, also the jays

the cubs the least
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

AA ERA
    Great answers. Thanks for responding.

yhova: I had no clue that Garland would be this good. He has a chance to start the ASG and he might be the favorite to win the Cy Young. I have to admit I did not think the White Sox would be this good. They certainly have suprised me. I just wonder if they will keep it up. They always start off well, but then falter in August and September.

love that reefer: Toronto could be a team to reckon with next year. They finally got something with their rotation. You know how good Halladay is. Lilly has always been good going back to his Yankee days. I am not sure what the A's were thinking trading Lilly and then receive the great Bobby Kelty in return. Chavin has a shot to win the ROY. I love watching that team.

I like the choices that rdr and Hammer selected in the D-Backs. I thought they would be okay, but I did not think they would have that great of a record. Halsey and Vazquez has been more than what they were bargained for. I can't see Arizona keeping it up. They will be good, but the Padres are creme de la creme in the NL West. And I agree with rdr said about RJ. The guy was a cancer last year and most importantly, he was a quitter.

Like I said, I am very impressed with Texas. I wish Taylor would feel the same too.

I knew the A's would be really bad after the trade of Huddy and Mulder. They waved the white flag with those trades this season.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    yhova: I had no clue that Garland would be this good. He has a chance to start the ASG and he might be the favorite to win the Cy Young. I have to admit I did not think the White Sox would be this good. They certainly have suprised me. I just wonder if they will keep it up. They always start off well, but then falter in August and September.
    Halladay or even Rogers over Garland for the Favorite for Cy.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast